Welcome to Hunting NY, New York's #1 Hunting and Fishing forum and news portal.
signing inor creating an account.
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
- Customize your own profile and make new friends
- Share your hunting stories, trail camera photos and experiences!
Guest Message by DevFuse
Recent Forum Posts
damn deer farms
Today, 12:32 AMLive From the Stand / Woods 2014!
Yesterday, 11:38 PMSurveyors or flagging tape
Yesterday, 11:24 PMdamn deer farms
Yesterday, 11:21 PMdamn deer farms
Yesterday, 11:13 PMOne Of My Other Past Times
Yesterday, 11:12 PMdamn deer farms
Yesterday, 11:11 PMdamn deer farms
Yesterday, 11:10 PM
- One Of My Other Past Times
- What I learned from my first true hunt today...
- Vortex Optics
- Manhunt in Pocono Region of PA. No Hunting ?
- Kind of bummed
- Fall longbeard down with my bow...
- Haven't Done This in Over 30 Years
- 12 reasons you're venison tastes bad..
- steuben county hunters any one hunt moss hill birdseye state forests
- Youth Bows
NYDEC: Additional Deer Management Permits (DMP) Available
Remaining Deer Management Permits (DMPs) will be available in several Wildlife Management Units (WMUs) beginning Nov. 1, 2012, the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) today announced.
DMPs, which allow hunters to harvest antlerless deer, are issued for specific WMUs to help control deer populations. In several units, the target number of DMPs was not issued during the initial application period. In these WMUs, DEC will re-open the DMP application process on a first-come, first-served basis.
Hunters may apply for leftover DMPs at any sporting license sales outlet beginning Nov. 1, 2012. Leftover DMPs will not be available by phone, by mail or via the internet. Applicants who previously paid the $10 DMP application fee or are exempt from the application fee will not be charged for this additional application.
Applications for remaining DMPs will be accepted for the following WMUs: 1C, 3M, 3R, 3S (bowhunting-only), 7F, 7H, 8A, 8F, 8G, 8H, 8J, 8N, 9A, and 9F.
During this extended application period DEC will issue DMPs for an individual WMU all day. The status of issued permits will be reviewed each night, and as the target number of permits are issued for an individual WMU, they will be removed from the list of those available effective the following day, with no further applications accepted for those units.
Recent Forum Posts