Mountain Lion Chasing a deer

fasteddie

Cool picture for sure. I went out west to bow hunt mountain lions in Arizona several years ago with no success but one thing stuck in my mind is the ranchers all said the mountain lions would only eat a fresh kill, once its belly was full they would not eat of that carcass again. Not sure if that is indeed true but its what they said, anyone know for sure?

While Mule Deer hunting in Wyoming, My brother was watching a group of does crest a hilltop less then 100 yrds from his set-up. Out of no where a mountain lion pounced on one does back and the two of them rolled down the side of this mountain until they collided with a tree. The deer scrambled and made his get away. My brother said he just couldn't believe what he just saw. Later in the week him and his young guide were set up when a big cat came into view. The guides eyes lit up and him having a tag, asked my brother if he could use his 06' to shoot him. In an instant my brother became the guide, and he did his best to calm the kid down as he was shaking worse then any buck fever you can imagine. "breath" he kept saying.. "just squeeze the trigger".. "right behind the shoulder"... Needless to say the kid totally choked and blew the shot. The abuse that kid took in camp the whole rest of the week was relentless. My brother shot a great mulie on the last day and after shooting, he turned to the guide and asked, "you OK ?" LOL