Anyone Camo Dip their own stuff?

Thanks for the link. I'm trying to match a new 28" matte finish barrel to my turkey gun. The gun is in Realtree APG, but for whatever reason, Remington doesnt make a barrel with that pattern in 28" so it would be mismatched. IDK why they don't. Cheapest place around that will do it is GM for $70, but with a 7 week turnaround. i guess a black barrel on camo stock/reciever won't look that bad. I know the birds won't care.

• 1 year later...

I would like to try the swirl dip for my turkey gun, I had it camo painted years ago and that is all scratched off and looks like crap. does any one know what kind of paint they use in the dip process? I like the looks of the camo dip kits just don't want to spend 100 bucks, would rather try the diy swirl paint. I have also use the shrink wrap skins and they look ok but they allow moisture to get behind them and by the end of May you can have rusting. Plus they tear easily on briars etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I tried to camo dip my turkey gun and I really screwed it up. It looked like s#*t, so I rubbed it all off with paint thinner while it was still wet. Went to the local hardware store and bought 3 cans of Krylon camo paint(khaki, green, and brown) and 1 can of flat clear. Primed the gun and painted it with an evergreen branch as a template then 4-5 coats of clear. it turned out pretty good. Looks like the old woodland camo. I'll post some pics soon.

• 2 weeks later...