Got Me a Bear!!

G-Man

no its 45-70 government Marlin 1895 guide gun, after being charged 2x while looking under tree tops tracking, and having it pas py at 5-10 feet exciting is not a word i would use.... scared shitless is more appropriate!!

Edited by G-Man

Well i was helping a friend and neighbor try get a doe at my place, saw some tracks and followed them to some old tops, walked up a deadfall to get a look into them, took about 4 more steps up the log so i was 3 -4 feet off ground, when it came up from under me at 5 feet... got a couple of shots in it out of pure fright , and self preservation. then had to track and finish it .. poking your head into every top it went in to see if it was there is not a pleasant experiance, especially when it comes out running right at you!! had 2 neighbors and a friend from a camp up the road helping me track and covering me whlie poking my head in. came in very usefull!! i would never track a wounded bear by myself.... ever!!

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1