Got Me a Bear!!

G-Man

Well got him out with 4 neighbors/friends, put him on a travois and dragged it 250 yards to nearest logging road where i could get to with one of my tractors. that 250 yards took 2 hrs with 5 men pushing pulling, the oldest helper was 76, the youngest was 32. was a lot of work but everyone had fun and was excited. Oh got my patch from dec as well! here is one of his "meat hooks" as wellpost-899-0-97501600-1354077869_thumb.jpgpost-899-0-33472700-1354077905_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

It is a big boar, got it to taxidermist last night, going with a full mount with base as he gave me a great deal and payment plan ;) , and the strong opinions of about 10 friends who wisely said well you might get another bear but not 400lbs (408lbs too be exact). the lower jaw is destroyed, i'll do the skull myself, taxidermist did some rough measurments and it looks like it will end up between 19 1/2 and 20 inches when cleaned..

Yes, 5 foot. The first shot went down thru the neck and into the left front leg to the elbow, broke neural spine of 2 vertebra, half an in to the right it would of broke its neck and died right there coming out of the top. Instead i will have nightmares the rest of my life.... ;)

It is a big boar, got it to taxidermist last night, going with a full mount with base as he gave me a great deal and payment plan ;) , and the strong opinions of about 10 friends who wisely said well you might get another bear but not 400lbs (408lbs too be exact). the lower jaw is destroyed, i'll do the skull myself, taxidermist did some rough measurments and it looks like it will end up between 19 1/2 and 20 inches when cleaned..

Good deal on the lifesize mount. A rug is cool but difficult to display well. 408lbs is awesome.

Well done.

Congrats, G-Man! Great story, great bear. Curious to know what ammo you were using in that .45-70. Hand loaded, factory? Bullet weight, grains of powder? A friend of mine has a .45-70 and after that story he is thinking of a larger capacity mag. tube. I guess you almost ran out after 3 shots!