Got Me a Bear!!

G-Man

I doubt it , i have 3 different bears on trail cam from this year, there are a lot of them in the area now. Have been for last 5 years or so. this is 3nd from cuba area i know of this year one was taken during archery. the other was destroyed by dec due to its breaking in to a homes porch several times this spring.

Great decision on the full mount. Just make sure your taxidermist takes all the correct measurements. I know a guy who shot a 516lb black bear and it came back life-size looking like a typical 250-275 bear. After 2-3 of disgust when looking at his mount, he sold it. I felt really bad for him.

Its going to be a walking mount, yes you need to find a good taxidermist that has done bear and knows how to do them properly. 2 biologists came to examine it from region 9. Estimated it at 400 lbs and 5 plus years(need to wait for tooth to be accurate. Had to take it to weigh station for trucks at scrap yard as biggest scale i could find only went to 350 weight (and those scales are accurate they don't like to pay for stuff that isn't there) was 408.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

it should make it no problem, i came up with very conserveative 19 1/8. book is suppose to be 18. i have 2 bucks i have had scored and scored them myself and have been very close to actuall official scores. i just never paid to enter them not sure if i'll enter this as well, only compition i have is between me and the animals i hunt, but nice to know what they officially score none the less.

• Like 3

Ill probably have kevin schilling do it i grew up down the street from him. he did my gun buck in 2000, or pete labushesky did a buck for me awhile ago as well. just need to get back in town and make apptment.

I live down the st. from Kevin now. He has scored a few of my bucks for me. Nice bear by the way!

Edited by hunter49

• 5 months later...

Well taxidermist called and full mount is started, hope to have by 2nd week in august!! getting excited! not so excited as two others seem to have taken up residence close by and getting bear damage again around house and barn. :( someone elses turn this time ..ones enough for me right now.

• Like 2

I can't wait to see the pictures of the mount. I have a problem with the bears also. They are now raiding my neighbors feed

for his pigs. We have been spotting them closer and closer to the cabin. I had my chance at bow last year to get one and blew it. Hope lady luck is on my side this year! 

WOW awesome story!!!  Makes me second guess hunting Roscoe a few years back with two adults that liked to brake into the back shed and steel the land owners corn!  The cubs where 200 lbs!  My upgrade from a Mathews MQ1 to a Heli-M now seems slightly inadequate, lol.  Again great story and congrats on really nice bear!!!  Can't wait to see the mount!  Hope it meets all your expectations! 

Well taxidermist called and full mount is started, hope to have by 2nd week in august!! getting excited! not so excited as two others seem to have taken up residence close by and getting bear damage again around house and barn. :( someone elses turn this time ..ones enough for me right now.

I'll take one out for you lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Great story and congrats on a monster bear! I you need help with the two new ones let me know lol