My venison project for this week....

Since I missed out on the full weekend sausage making marathon with my friends back in February, I thawed out my venison and started on my snack sticks. Yesterday morning I ground everything up, mixed the spices and cubed up a couple of blocks of sharp cheddar cheese, and put it all in the fridge. Tonight after work, I mixed the cheese into the meat and stuffed it into the casings. Heres the result, batch one of snack sticks, ready for the smoker tomorrow night.

c0de75bf1168ca935ab6e43e3a62dc69_zpsdf39

The second batch will get stuffed tomorrow. Not sure If Ill use cheese in those or not yet.

• Like 4

And (GULP) the Sabres are kicking azz......................................!!!!!

The snack sticks look great! 

Yeah, they have the Penguins number this year.

Im not sure how many feet is there. The table is about 22 or 24" wide and theres around 24 lengths across the table, so yeah, 45ish feet. I still have a second equal size batch to stuff and smoke, but I need more casings.

Dang, John..They look GOOD !!!

If they are HALF as good as Culver's they'll be great..

His are the best snack sticks I have ever eaten..

Make you wanna SLAP yo' Momma !...

I might be tempted to buy another smoker.....<<grin>>...

You made me need to go make a deer sausage soft taco for breakfast/lunch...mmnn good....

warmed shell...deer sausage...spread a fine layer of jalapeno dip on shell ....sausage a pinch of mexican cheese...blk olive.... tomato...lettuce....and roll it up.....Good  

• Like 1

You made me need to go make a deer sausage soft taco for breakfast/lunch...mmnn good....

warmed shell...deer sausage...spread a fine layer of jalapeno dip on shell ....sausage a pinch of mexican cheese...blk olive.... tomato...lettuce....and roll it up.....Good  

Geeze, Growie,  do I have time to get to your place for lunch ?

That would go well with a steaming cup of chipmunk stew..<<grin>>....

• Like 1

I know. As much as I don't like it, it was a good deal. 1st and 2nd round draft picks and a couple of decent looking prospects. Pomminville only had a year left on his contract as well. Hopefully Vanek stays and gets healthy. Guess my next Jersey will be Ott instead of Pomminville.

• 1 year later...

WNY any chance you would share that recipe?

I have been meaning to put up a couple recipes and haven't gotten to it.

Next week I will put this one up. (WNY can add his spicier version) I will also post the Italian sausage, peperoni and my favorite- summer sausage.

Coming into the season I would love to see the recipe section get active again. beats talking about ISIS or baiting...lol 

Side note----I want to find a real good venison hot dog recipe and one for polish sausage.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 3