Heading Back to Wyoming

BizCT

Sending out my deposit later this week. This will be my 2nd trip to Wyoming (2012).  I will be hunting the first 4 days of October in 2014 in Northeastern Wyoming. I will be hunting Mule Deer & Antelope. My Dad will be hunting Mule Deer only.  We will be hunting with a small family run operation on approx 70-80K acres of land.

Sending out my deposit later this week. This will be my 2nd trip to Wyoming (2012).  I will be hunting the first 4 days of October in 2014 in Northeastern Wyoming. I will be hunting Mule Deer & Antelope. My Dad will be hunting Mule Deer only.  We will be hunting with a small family run operation on approx 70-80K acres of land.

but you kept telling me you'd be in the woods with your crossbow on 10/1? now you're going to Wyoming?

10/1/2013, I will be in Tully, NY shooting your buck with my xbow.  I invite all NYB members to help me drag it out.

2014 I'm going to Wyoming.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Because it's a small and pretty new operation, I'd prefer not to disclose at this time. I don't want anybody else going when I go lol. I will definitely disclose it once I go on the hunt. 

That's awesome about your hunts!  2012 was a big year for me with guided hunts. Only other hunts I currently have booked are Pennsylvania for a week for a deer hunt with my xbow (semi-guided), and British Columbia in December for a Lynx to hopefully complete the North American Cat Slam.

Cool, whos the outfitter? Since we are bragging, I'm leaving for Montana this Sunday for a 4 day praire dog assault. Then Texas for hogs in January, then New Mexico Elk, Oct 2014. All booked, can't wait.

wow pete, thats awesome. hope you have a blast bud

• 7 months later...

Today I put in for the proper drawings for Mule Deer and Antelope.  My Dad put in for Mule Deer only.

Sounds fun! I've never been west to hunt but drove out to BC and Colorado to ski. I can remember pronghorn herds everywhere on the high plateaus of Montana.

Yea, it's pretty different out west. I have hunted Wyoming and Arizona, but my Uncle lives in Boulder, Colorado so I have been out there a bunch of times to visit.  Pretty cool to see huge elk herds up in Estes Park at like 12,000+ ft.

Yea, it's pretty different out west. I have hunted Wyoming and Arizona, but my Uncle lives in Boulder, Colorado so I have been out there a bunch of times to visit.  Pretty cool to see huge elk herds up in Estes Park at like 12,000+ ft.

Oh yeah .. The elevation will make us flatlanders  huff and puff for the 1st week ...lol... We skied Berthoud Pass just before it closed a couple hours south of Estes park..Base elevation was 11,000'+..We took a "break " one day and wandered  some hidden mountain valleys not far from the pass... We saw acres of young aspen with the bark stripped off by the elk. Have always wanted to go back with a bow and or rifle and hunt the elk.