"Haybale" Blind

Looks good Joe.

I always thought if a guy could snag a mow full of mulch bales they could make some awesome blinds that'd probably last a few years.  I'm sure they would be pretty water resistant and warm!!

Might have to share them with some other critters though!!

Looks good  , here's mine .

LMAO

Looks good Joe.

I always thought if a guy could snag a mow full of mulch bales they could make some awesome blinds that'd probably last a few years.  I'm sure they would be pretty water resistant and warm!!

Might have to share them with some other critters though!!

Im sure!!!

• 1 month later...

A neighbor used to use small square bales for blinds. He'd incorporate a couple pallets and a sheet of plywood, but that thing looked natural and lasted about 3 years before new bales had to be moved in. Super warm from what I gather, and it looked like it. I could see it from one of my stands and I distinctly remember cursing him in my head while he was in it and I was in my ladder stand when it was blowing snow sideways.

I've tried this and its worked for many applications from blind roof to cut wood cover to chicken coop.

Look up online instructions for a PVC hoop house or chicken coop. I made only the roof part ten fee by eight feet, covered it with plastic one inch (squares) fencing and covered that with a brown tarp. You can use it to cover anything, it stakes or ties down easily and once in place i cover it with the seasonal camo cloth. Sort of like these but I spaced the ribs closer for snow load and used 3/4 inch PVC.

http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/488361/using-pvc-for-a-hoop-house

or

http://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hoop-house

Edited by EspressoBuzz

I think you'll figure out a way to shoot the bow out of it!!

Prob lol

Looks good.

Lawdwaz is correct. The small square bales do make an excellent blind. I' ve used them for years. I found a piece of hog wire yesterday.  Now you're have given me an idea for a waterproof roof. Thanks!

A neighbor used to use small square bales for blinds. He'd incorporate a couple pallets and a sheet of plywood, but that thing looked natural and lasted about 3 years before new bales had to be moved in. Super warm from what I gather, and it looked like it. I could see it from one of my stands and I distinctly remember cursing him in my head while he was in it and I was in my ladder stand when it was blowing snow sideways.

hmm gonna have to try that... i think some of those nice alfalfa 2nd cutting bales we have might do the trick ;)