Judo points

Woodjr55

The do go right through.  The damage are those wires hanging off the point that destroy the intenals.  I shoot rabbits with mine.  Clean pass through on everyone I have shot.  D.O.D (dead on delivery).  One rabbit even had its intestines pulled out the other side.

• 2 months later...

I use blunts and they kill all "small' game deader than dead... never ruin any meat... judo points sometimes get a bit messy

There used to be a small-game head that was a big hard rubber blunt. Do they still sell those?

Yup. I don't recall them being quite that aggressive un the face, and I thought they were more flat-faced but that was a lot of years ago that I last saw any of them. Anyway, they were the same theory of operation. That price looks kind of reasonable by today's standards. 

Wow, that brings back some memories...I used to keep a couple judo points in my quiver all the time while deer hunting.  I haven't done that in years...I think I'll plan on doing that again starting next season.  I never got a rabbit with my judos but one year I got lucky on a grouse that was walking by my stand...pretty cool way to take a grouse but I remember the judo tip ripped him up pretty good - still tasted great!

The practice points that come with many broadheads do the job as well.  And they're free (kinda). Rage practice heads are great for small game.  Plus, I like them better because theres a better chance of your arrow surviving the shot. I have broken every arrow that I have shot with a Judo.  The practice heads are still sharp and will bury themselves whereas the judo points cause blunt force impact on the arrow as well.

Edited by TheRDJ

Makes me wonder if the technology of the small game tips has kept up with the speed of the new bows? Seems like it would take a hell of a large tip to keep an arrow from a modern bow from going through. I would have to get different arrows to small game hunt with. No way I am shooting mine into a tree to get a squirrel...lol

Makes me wonder if the technology of the small game tips has kept up with the speed of the new bows? Seems like it would take a hell of a large tip to keep an arrow from a modern bow from going through. I would have to get different arrows to small game hunt with. No way I am shooting mine into a tree to get a squirrel...lol

With my recurve a pass through or hitting a tree is never a worry for me .. but you're definitely right about the new compounds... even a blunt tip at those speeds wouldn't fair well if it hit something solid

• 3 months later...