Warning about Rich's Hunting Adventures

HunterSled

Just a warning to my fellow hunters - I booked a hunt in Craig Colorado in January of this year with Rich Botta of Rich's Hunting Adventures out of New York. I gave him a $2000.00 deposit. He cashed my check. After ten months with no response to e-mails, calls, or texts, two weeks before the hunt, he tells me he has no hunts in Craig. Says I can hunt in Mexico! No offer made to hunt in the U.S. as a replacement. I asked for my deposit back, he texted “lol”. He has kept my deposit.

Sled Reynolds

Hi everyone im richie botta and sled is a liar i sell 200+ hunts ayear i guess u cant please everyone lol what sled didnt tell you is that he booked a mule deer hunt with me last year with his group and they all tagged out this year he wanted a bigger buck so i recommended other hunts in eastern plains colorado , saskatchewan, and mexico he was never happy all he does is complain please everyone feel free to call me i have great hunts and can give 1000's of references! I gave him many options and have deer in the 180-190 range and he turned that down hunt is $5200 in Saskatchewan if anyone is interested you can speak to the outfitters directly when you book through me!!call me at nuked. I SOLD OVER 200+ HUNTS LAST YEAR AND HAD 1 COMPLAINT GUESS I DID PRETTY GOOD

Why not just refund it and call it a day.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

I would think that just refunding the money would be a better idea than having any type of bad publicity spread about your business, whether or not it's true...........if just 5 people a year decide not to use you because of the negative reports, you're gonna be out a little more than the 2g's.

• Like 3

Ok I smell a rat here.  These two are working together to get the word out about this guy.  Suddenly after a complaint post this guy appears and pushes his business.  Seems way too fishy to me.  How did the guy know someone was dissing him?  Take it all with a big grain of salt.  

• Like 4

This isn't the first threrad here about the booking agent;

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/4974-beware-of-seller-richshunting-help-on-ebay/

And the internet is littered with threads;

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/7238550/Re_Booking_a_hunt_through_Rich

There are a bunch of reasons to use a GOOD booking agent; key word is good. LOL

Ok I smell a rat here.  These two are working together to get the word out about this guy.  Suddenly after a complaint post this guy appears and pushes his business.  Seems way too fishy to me.  How did the guy know someone was dissing him?  Take it all with a big grain of salt.  

I don't get hat feeling at all.  I think Rich is just trying to put out fires at this point.  It'd be kind of a dumb way to drum up business, IMO but WTH do I know............................................

Put it this way, there are hundreds of outfitters. I would never give my money to one with a questionable reputation. "I can give you references" who knows if those references aren't just other emails he owns. Either way, I'd book through a person with a good reputation as thousands of dollars are on the line.

Put it this way, there are hundreds of outfitters. I would never give my money to one with a questionable reputation. "I can give you references" who knows if those references aren't just other emails he owns. Either way, I'd book through a person with a good reputation as thousands of dollars are on the line.

i would just go out to CO and elk hunt w my uncle :)