Legal AR's

So I was in Herb Philipsons yesterday and they have some of the NY legal Stags for sale.  What really caught my eye was the COLLAPSIBLE, FOLDING STOCK, PISTOL GRIP AR that they had.  Reason this baby is legal... It's a pump action from Troy Industries.  Looks exactly like an AR takes AR mags and all accessories but is not semi auto getting around king andy's rules. At $1,099.99 its not bad either.   post-1885-0-93770800-1396556019_thumb.jp

when enough of these filter into the state, they will change the legislation to make these illegal. We are not sticking it to Andy.  He will just take these away too.  UNLESS WE GET RID OF HIM IN NOVEMBER.

• Like 3

The funny part for me is I never had any interest in any firearm of this type until all this crap started.  I own hunting and recreational firearms.  Now I want the ny model 3 from stag arms.  Yes again ugly, but I have shot one and it handled nice and functioned flawlessly.  I want one now just to thumb my nose at the King.

The look of the original had people up i arm's making it look all military and such. Probably never would have had this problem if guns were kept to looking somewhat of gun. This thing is fugly and will most likely be put on the radar next.

How about banning these?

fe2df2bff409574b1905c26c60094d1b_zpsf219

Or this?

6bf23911f42fbf3cd650d895377a9ba4_zpsfc56

After all, those also are military looking.

How about banning these?

fe2df2bff409574b1905c26c60094d1b_zpsf219

Or this?

6bf23911f42fbf3cd650d895377a9ba4_zpsfc56

After all, those also are military looking.

Yeah this kind of reply would be expected from you.  The country was made with the look of the top guns and the bottom gun is in action today without a ban. Camo does not just mean military.  They keep making those guns that scream killing machines and rip off more bullets than would ever be needed and they will continue to put guns in a bad light and be banned.

Keep up the good work. While some sit back and laugh.

That is kind of where gun control has headed. The failed attempts at logic have now been replaced by appearance and emotional visual effects. Our laws and freedoms are now dictated by how people "feel" about the way guns look. Isn't that nice and fuzzy ..... lol. Function be damned, let's create laws based on how "nasty" a gun looks. I believe that a lot of that emotional crap is gradually being accepted by a lot of gun owners as well.

• Like 1

Yeah this kind of reply would be expected from you.  The country was made with the look of the top guns and the bottom gun is in action today without a ban. Camo does not just mean military.  They keep making those guns that scream killing machines and rip off more bullets than would ever be needed and they will continue to put guns in a bad light and be banned.

Keep up the good work. While some sit back and laugh.

Are you saying that they should stop making AR style or semi auto firearms?

Are you saying that they should stop making AR style or semi auto firearms?

Im saying if they would have kept them looking like guns then the half(as Doc says)that makes a decision on the looks of a gun might not have such a bad opinion about them. Myself, I have no use for one but thats my choice.

You will not see all semi auto firearms banned, Just the ones that look like the one above.  Some have a hard time seeing what is in their future and the reasons for it. Pretty simple really!

Im saying if they would have kept them looking like guns then the half(as Doc says)that makes a decision on the looks of a gun might not have such a bad opinion about them. Myself, I have no use for one but thats my choice.

You will not see all semi auto firearms banned, Just the ones that look like the one above.  Some have a hard time seeing what is in their future and the reasons for it. Pretty simple really!

Here's the problem with that line of reasoning. When gun owners start to accept subjective reasons for banning weapons (such as "gee, they look dangerous"), it is only a matter of time before any of our weapons can be deemed "dangerous looking" and be banned. Frankly that style of gun does not appeal to me either, but that really is irrelevant and certainly should not be allowed into the arguments of gun banning criteria. The anti forces must not be allowed to dictate what we buy based on appearance. And we must not be falling for that either.

• Like 5

Here's the problem with that line of reasoning. When gun owners start to accept subjective reasons for banning weapons (such as "gee, they look dangerous"), it is only a matter of time before any of our weapons can be deemed "dangerous looking" and be banned. Frankly that style of gun does not appeal to me either, but that really is irrelevant and certainly should not be allowed into the arguments of gun banning criteria. The anti forces must not be allowed to dictate what we buy based on appearance. And we must not be falling for that either.

So you agree that a weapon like that has no need to look that way?   The problem i see is that there will be nothing that can be done to change that way of thinking so why do gun makers do it?  When they make movies of a crowd of people getting..Cut Down.. with a gun that looks and works like that and then some assclown does it in real life, well yes there is no need on this earth for the assclown but in most eyes there is  really no need for that kind of weapon.

They will not take away the..Hunting Guns..because the DEC would not get the money they say they need.

Then again..If they keep ruining the herds across most of the state there may not be a need for guns to hunt the few that are left.

So you agree that a weapon like that has no need to look that way?   The problem i see is that there will be nothing that can be done to change that way of thinking so why do gun makers do it?  When they make movies of a crowd of people getting..Cut Down.. with a gun that looks and works like that and then some assclown does it in real life, well yes there is no need on this earth for the assclown but in most eyes there is  really no need for that kind of weapon.

They will not take away the..Hunting Guns..because the DEC would not get the money they say they need.

Then again..If they keep ruining the herds across most of the state there may not be a need for guns to hunt the few that are left.

Hell, I don't have any idea what on those things is functional and necessary. I don't even care. My point is that I don't base the safety of a weapon on appearance anymore than when some gal shows up with a pink rifle. That is not a criteria for judging the fitness of a gun and I reject any argument that uses appearance in that way.

As far as the DEC and what they want and need for money, keep in mind that they have absolutely no influence on the anti gun crowd or the politicians who really don't care what they ban as long as its a gun. Anyone who takes comfort in hunting as a reason why any gun won't be banned, needs a dose of reality. Those who wish to ban guns have absolutely no concern what the use of the gun is. And it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it turned out that most anti gun folks are also anti hunters as well. Don't ever feel real comfy because you think there is something sacred about hunting firearms.

Do you think such guns look "scary" If you saw someone, at the range with an AR, would you become  frightened and go home??

Some people think these rifles look scary because anti's and other special interest groups have told them so. Banning guns based on how some one thinks they look is insane. Rolling over and letting those who write the definition of a "scary gun" have their way, in hopes that they will not define our hunting rifles as "scary", is just as insane.