How does this picture make you feel?

Five Seasons

In answer to your question in the title, it doesn't make me feel too good. It's a forced confrontation to the uglier side of what we do.

It also makes me feel that anyone who could kill that many coyotes must be living in an area where the population has a huge need for thinning for the benefit of their species as well as other species that have to coexist with them. That is what makes my first comment easier to accept. 

the picture on its own is in poor taste, I don't believe any animal that we kill should be displayed like trash...........there's no doubt that coyote need to be controlled, but no need to put them on display for everyone to see. Deer hunting is legal as well, but would probably draw some negative reactions if that was a truckload of them.

• Like 2

the picture on its own is in poor taste, I don't believe any animal that we kill should be displayed like trash...........there's no doubt that coyote need to be controlled, but no need to put them on display for everyone to see. Deer hunting is legal as well, but would probably draw some negative reactions if that was a truckload of them.

Without a doubt.  The freakin Bambi lovers would be all over it. In the real world its not how as much as it is which, animal is killed or how it was killed. Sad Really.

Without a doubt.  The freakin Bambi lovers would be all over it. In the real world its not how as much as it is which, animal is killed or how it was killed. Sad Really.

and if it was a truckload of legally harvested yearlings and does, some hunters themselves would be all over it.........

• Like 1

and if it was a truckload of legally harvested yearlings and does, some hunters themselves would be all over it.........

Without a doubt. Throw a fawn or two in the mix and it would be...Call the newspaper's!

Oh and i meant some hunters in the..Bambi Lovers statement.

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

The problem isn't the truck load pics. Heck I have pics of my truck with 13 deer in it that 6 of us got on one morning. But my pics were 35mm and in OUR album to spark the memory. Today those pictures are plastered on the net. Our social media today brings new problems of pictures that we never had before.

• Like 4

The problem isn't the truck load pics. Heck I have pics of my truck with 13 deer in it that 6 of us got on one morning. But my pics were 35mm and in OUR album to spark the memory. Today those pictures are plastered on the net. Our social media today brings new problems of pictures that we never had before.

100% correct, I have the same reaction when I see what some people put on facebook........pictures and videos of themselves, families and friends acting stupid for the whole world to see, I don't get too worked up over anything, I just shake my head and wonder what they are thinking.

Edited by jjb4900

Even with guns!

This was my thought. If you read through the comments, it certainly stirred up some of the animal rights group. I fully support shooting yotes legally. I don't see the need to glamorize it. Some things that we do in life are distasteful, but necessary. Yote shooting is one of them. I just don't see the need to post it for the world to see. An animal lover would only need to see one video of yotes killing and eating a fawn alive to understand the other side, but that side of the story isn't told in this picture and most likely those that develop a distaste for hunting and hunters from this picture will never see that side of the story.

Necessary, just doesn't help our cause.

• Like 1

Without a doubt. The freakin Bambi lovers would be all over it. In the real world its not how as much as it is which, animal is killed or how it was killed. Sad Really.

Completely agree. Coyotes IMO are absolute vermin but part of the ecocycle. I have hunted places where they get out of control and begin to impact the fawn population. I have done my part at attempt to reduce the population but short of major trapping or eradication your up a very dark brown creek without a paddle. Irregardless the pic portrays an unethical and derogatory picture of hunting in general.