Livewire descent system

Anyone have any experience with it? I bought three units today, I thought I liked the concept.

Yet I definitely misinterpreted what the product it. I thought you keep it hooked up when you go up and down the ladder so you are always tied in. After looking online though it looks like I was wrong, and is just used incase you fall and it will bring you to the ground safely.

Any personal experience, or input anyone?

Edited by Cusehunter

I wonder if it is anything like the Rescue One Controlled esent System . I bought one a couple years ago , opened the package up but never used it . Generally I don't hunt higher than 15' and figured my HSS harness is fine for that height . The Controlled Desent would be fine for 20-30 feet high . .

This is what I found in one of the reviews and a guy on a video mentioned it ----- It is a "one use" system . Don't test it out because it only works once .

Here is a review I found .

This live wire descent system is the state of the art in emergency descent systems. THe only criticism I have is that it cannot be tested because it is a one use system. It would be nice to have the ability to test the system since you're betting you're life that it will work when in an emergency situation. The other thing I wonder about is the weight capacity. What if you body weight is within the capacity of the system but your carrying a heavy pack and a rifle when you fall making your total weight exceed the limits? Normally other safety gear has a 20 - 30% fudge factor for such situations built into the design basis of the safety system. No mention of this in the manual?

I have one and exceed the 300lb limit by a bit.  Still figure it will slow down the fall at worst but most products are engineered for greater weight than specified to avoid those useless lawyers.  I haven't used mine yet, but would do so if hunting alone.  Otherwise, someone can bring me a ldder on the way out.  lol

I bought three because my plan was to attach one at each of my favorite stands so I wouldn't have to keep re-strapping it to the tree. I obviously misunderstood the concept of the product. I thought it was to stay hooked up all the time even going down and up the ladder. No need for these anymore I guess.

I bought three because my plan was to attach one at each of my favorite stands so I wouldn't have to keep re-strapping it to the tree. I obviously misunderstood the concept of the product. I thought it was to stay hooked up all the time even going down and up the ladder. No need for these anymore I guess.

If u feel like sending me one...... ;)

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

I looked at them but I remember them being a bit on the heavy side to lug in and out.  better I think using a life line and keeping it on the tree, along with relief strap with you.  I always have my cellphone in a chest pocket too just in case.

I ended up returning two of them and keeping the 3rd. I ended up only buying them at dicks for $20 each so I kept one just incase I want to use it. I'm a young guy and not too worried about not being able to lift myself up to a stand if the time ever came.

If you got such a good deal on them ($20) and didn't want them, you should have offered up on here to help a brother out!  That was a great deal!

If you got such a good deal on them ($20) and didn't want them, you should have offered up on here to help a brother out! That was a great deal!
well they have been, and I bet still will be there. Maybe now they will lower the price even further ???? it's the dicks at destiny USA in syracuse