Partridge Run Hunting Partner

ghug92

Hey guys, just wanted to see if anyone would be interested in hunting partridge run with me for turkey this spring? I'm in need of a hunting buddy as I'm fresh into college. If you guys don't know where partridge run is, it is outside of albany, in berne, ny. It is a huge area of forest and fields and is one of the wildlife management areas of nys. Any info on this place would be great too! Or if anyone new of a place near by that has good turkey hunting that we could possibly hunt? Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks martin! I went the other day to try and roost the night before I went out. I saw one hen and heard three gobblers about 200 hundred yards from where I was. So I guess they're there, but I went out the next day and heard nothing. They don't get big and old by being stupid!

For turkey I've been hunting the southern part of the preserve at the peasley rd fields. We've been hearing some gobblers, but they are very smart and are not coming in to our calls. Might try the bradt hallow fields this weekend.

You may have some luck there. Very good area with a ton of options. You can go up on top of the ridge or just wander through all the fields. Stay out of sight because it is wide open and they'll see you a mile away. Good Luck