Scariest thing I have read in a long time

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/86m-full-time-private-sector-workers-sustain-148m-benefit-takers

By all means pay our veterans and pay the people who paid into social security but this is insane. I rather have control over my retirement and put it into my own Ira or 401k, rather than pay the government who will spend it. I have at least another 30 years of work ahead of me and am really starting to question when the system is going to crumble around us. This can't keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p-jeffrey/86m-full-time-private-sector-workers-sustain-148m-benefit-takers By all means pay our veterans and pay the people who paid into social security but this is insane. I rather have control over my retirement and put it into my own Ira or 401k, rather than pay the government who will spend it. I have at least another 30 years of work ahead of me and am really starting to question when the system is going to crumble around us. This can't keep up. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BKhunter -

I've posted the following quote a few times in the past, i'll post it again. the article you posted reinforces this...its the nature of man. It won't happen in our lifetimes, but this nation will fail just like all other civilizations

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship" ---Tytler

Good post BKhunter.

The current admin doesn't like the way those numbers from the census data look either. So they're working to change the way the census reports it's information. The proposed changes are geared towards altering the image of the expected results of Obamacare, but it's the same story.

I looked for the story on Newsmax where I read about these proposed changes this AM, but for some reason it's gone. I'll look for another link.

America is not a Democracy, it is a Representative Republic.

That's the only reason it is still in existence. Majority doesn't rule here, if it did, many bad things would have happened already. We are governed by "Rule of Law" as set forth in the US Constitution. If we were to always abide by the Constitution, we wouldn't have half of the problems we have today.

Politicians have found they can vote themselves access to our tax dollars to buy votes that keep them in power. That is corruption of a Representative Republic. The only way to fix that is to vote out of office, any elected official who doesn't follow the rule of law and support and defend the Constitution.

Sadly, most folks today know nothing about that document, their rights or the rule of law. That's called an "idiot electorate". And so, we get what we have here.

• Like 1

It would be nice if voting the corrupt out of office would solve the problem, unfortunately there is a line 5 miles long of the same corrupt people to take their place.

The corruption has become an inherent part of politics in the US. Wealth confers power, and power is required to advance to yet more power (and more wealth). Election to high public office generally goes to the highest bidder and his/her backers.

We've gone from a Republic, to a Democracy, to an Oligarchy. Tyranny of the elite.