NYS law maker perks

But they do such a fine job. Imagine all the work that goes into fleecing taxpayers out of their hard-earned bucks. See, during those other 6 months when they are not actually working, they are busily working on schemes to raise taxes, increase frivolous spending and figuring how to screw with your freedoms. Don't tell me these people don't work very hard at their job. It takes a lot of effort to screw people over the way they do. And they're damned good at it!

But they do such a fine job. Imagine all the work that goes into fleecing taxpayers out of their hard-earned bucks. See, during those other 6 months when they are not actually working, they are busily working on schemes to raise taxes, increase frivolous spending and figuring how to screw with your freedoms. Don't tell me these people don't work very hard at their job. It takes a lot of effort to screw people over the way they do. And they're damned good at it!

Doc, Do you have a..For Sale..sign out in front of your place?   $79 grand a year? 

Chump change for many!

Edited by Four Season Whitetails

70-100k a year for 6 months of work? And they want a raise?

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S3406154.shtml?cat=565

Do they have a chance to make $ the other 6 months? If not, it's not that great of a gig. It's almost like being a teacher who works like 180-200 days per year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Do they have a chance to make $ the other 6 months? If not, it's not that great of a gig Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sure do.  The 2 that I know make significantly more in their second positions as lawyers.  Of course, they are not supposed to use their influence from state positions to help in the private positions.  I will leave it at that.

• Like 1

You complain about every part of Ny state so i thought that maybe you had a for sale sign out front.  At your age i figure you should have had enough and time to move on to state of your liking!

Lol .... that was quite a stretch. I mistakenly thought you actually had something worthwhile on the subject that you were trying to say.

They sure do.  The 2 that I know make significantly more in their second positions as lawyers.  Of course, they are not supposed to use their influence from state positions to help in the private positions.  I will leave it at that.

yes, it's a side job for most........other then it being an ego thing, getting voted out of office has little if any monetary affect on a politician..........many of the well known politicians who held higher offices make a killing once they leave office.

yes, it's a side job for most........other then it being an ego thing, getting voted out of office has little if any monetary affect on a politician..........many of the well known politicians who held higher offices make a killing once they leave office.

I would agree with the caveat that the public position may very well be the reason for a well paying private position.