The end of an NY giant...

WNY Bowhunter

Looks like he was actually on the decline in terms of antler growth.  One old buck that probably earned the right to die due to old age, if that's what happened.  Even though I am sure you wanted to tag him, its cool to see that some may still slip through many years of being hunted. Bet you had fun chasing him.

• Like 1

That is aweful! :(

I was really hoping you were gonna pick up his antlers yet this year...., but not like this.

Anyhow, it's great you had such a history with him, and only fitting that you were the one able to rescue his skull before the rats got to it!

Bummer, but at least you know the story. He would have been MIA on your radar and not knowing would have sucked.

Was this on ground you can hunt? I know you have shed hunting rights on a few pieces and hunt next to a non-hunting parcel. Wondering if he was found on your hunting ground.

WOW, what a buck...Glad you at least found him so a great rack like that didn't go to waste! Hate to see them go like that but I'm sure a stud like that has passed on his genes quite a few times over the years!

Edited by JALA RUT