Whitetail Strategies Guide Service is a Vermont Based hunting & fishing outfitter and guide service. We offer a very personalized guide service to accommodate beginner hunters and fisherman to safely enjoy the great outdoors during a "shoulder to shoulder" guided trip. We also guide small hunting and fishing groups for those outdoorsman that are experienced to enjoy a relaxing, work free, guided trip. Whitetail Strategies Guide Service offers many guided trips here in the Green Mountain State such as:

Archery Whitetail Hunts

Rifle Season Whitetail Hunts

Black Powder Whitetail Hunts

Spring Turkey Hunts

Fall Turkey Hunts

Guided VT Moose Hunts For Lottery Winners

Rabbit Hunting With Beagles

Guided Cat Fishing Trips From  The Shores Of Lake Champlain

Professionally Guided VT Ice Fishing Trips

First Aid, CPR, and AED certified and trained

Small, very organized, customizable guide service

Very reasonable rates

Visit www.whitetailstrategies.net to book a trip using the contact us button.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Whitetail Strategies Guide Service has three hunts remaining for the 2014 season. 

3-day archery hunt in the 3rd week of October

5-day rifle hunt  in the 3rd week of November

3-day black powder hunt in the 2nd week of December

$100 deposit by check required to book your reservation

Cost efficient lodging and meal options available  

Visit www.whitetailstrategies.net for more details and to contact for reservations

Thank you, and good luck to you this season wherever your hunt takes you.

• 1 month later...
Hello to everyone! This is the most recent trip availability schedule for this fall into March 2015.

Vermont archery season is starting in 5 weeks with only one 3 day hunt available for a group size of 4 hunters maximum.

Vermont regular rifle season starts November 15th and we have two different 3 days hunts remaining both with maximum group size of 4 hunters per trip.

Vermont's black powder season starts December 6th and we have one 3 day hunt available for a maximum group size of 2 hunters to add making a group of 4 hunters for that hunt,

We will be starting our guided rabbit hunts near the end of December 2014 and continue through March 2015. There are many day trips available for scheduling week days and weekends.

Professionally guided ice fishing trips will start near the first week of January 2015 and continue through the 1st week of March. There are also many trips still available to choose from, however booking early will secure the best bite times of the season as there is limited day trip space.

Vermont's spring turkey season starts again May 1st 2015. We have a few 3 & 5 days hunts available for early season. The last two weeks of turkey season is fairly open at this time.

I offer to my clients, free of charge, assistance booking lodging and meals here in town at very reasonable pricing.

Go to http://www.whitetailstraategies.netto read a trip overview, purchase a VT hunting or fishing license, and to view season dates and guided hunting & fishing trip fee's.

Good luck to you this season!

Whitetail Strategies Guide Service

Fred Scott Owner/Head Guide

http://www.whitetailstrategies.net

• 1 month later...

Any luck so far?

Thanks for asking Biz-R-OWorld, the season started slow with minimal movement during day light hours. Then it cooled off a few days and the action picked up. After I put clients in the woods, I spend my time scouting with good optics from the roads around the properties and checking trail cams from other properties that don't have clients hunting on them currently. I keep track of all critter traffic from stand and my scouting from a distance.

Here are the stats for this season so far with three clients for last week and two new clients that arrived today not including trail camera pics:

From the truck--Deer count---80

--Buck count---10

--turkey count--110

--Coyote count- 1

From the stand--Deer count--22

-- Buck count--3

--Turkey count--49

--Coyote count-9

Shot opportunity--Doe---12--Three clear misses--One killed so far and One to track tomorrow morning, and one hit good that crossed onto an bordering property and wouldn't let us recover it (RRRRR).

--Buck--3----In range, but not optimal shot, passed

--Turkey--17---In range, no shot or busted moving in tree

--Coyote--6-----Three shots and all clean misses

• 2 weeks later...

WHITETAIL STRATEGIES GUIDE SERVICE
Vermont hunting and fishing outfitter and guide service

Schedule Update

Remaining hunts:

November rifle whitetail is completely booked. I am taking reservation deposits for the 2015 deer season.
December black powder buck hunt, arrive Dec. 8th, hunt 9th-11th, I only have one place available remaining to make a group of 4 hunters.

Also gearing up for the 2015 rabbit hunting with beagles and ice fishing season starting the end of December 2014 through March 2015. December 2014 rabbit hunts are completely booked. The first week of January 2015 is the earliest available, reserve know to get your choice of dates. Rabbit hunting requires you to bring a shotgun, ammo, hunter orange, VT hunting license. Ice fishing is fully guided, all that is required for you to bring is warm clothing, water proof boots, and current Vermont fishing license.

I offer, free of charge, assistance booking reservations for local lodging and meals located in the heart of the hunting and fishing properties.

• 4 months later...

Is vermont having a moose season this year? Its almost march and there is no lottery application yet on the Vermont fish and game website. Maine & NH started accepting applications several weeks ago.

I have not heard of any changes canceling moose season this year. I will look into it for you and let you know what I find. VT fish & game just may not have released the application form online yet, but don't hold me to that just yet. As soon as I can get some info, I will pass it along.

Is vermont having a moose season this year? Its almost march and there is no lottery application yet on the Vermont fish and game website. Maine & NH started accepting applications several weeks ago.

I couldn't find any available information through the public VT fish & wildlife website. So I sent them an email asking about 2015 moose season. When I get the response I will pass it along.

I think I read they are only issuing only 250 permits for gun and 40 for archery.The moose hunting is about as bad as the deer hunting is here in Vt.

Got to love that cup half empty attitude............Vermont has a lot of deer, they just don't fall in your lap. You have to work for it. But the reward is that much more......well......rewarding. If you want some strategies for Vermont deer hunting and even great places to go, just let me know and I will be happy to give you some help.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Department of Fish & Wildlife here in Vermont responded today about our moose hunting permit applications for 2015. The Vermont moose lottery applications for the 2015 season will be available near the end of April. Good luck to everyone this season!

• 4 months later...

I asked about this last fall. No reply. So even outfitters and guides are subject to the lottery?

The g/f and I were in Killington last September, she wanted a picture of a moose, i said let me put in for the lottery and you can have a pic of me and a moose and even get to eat the moose.

We stayed at the Grey Bonnet Inn. Most of the small shops showed us pics on their cell phones of moose walking right down Killington Rd.

We even got some great pics of a Heron watching us about 50 feet away on Kent pond.

More or less what I was thinking as well Biz. Won't be for a few years ( saving the pennies and quarters, and trying to convince the better half it's worth the money ), I was just looking for information. The place we stayed at were doing construction on a huge glass wall that a bear crashed through causing them to have to actually shut down for a short time for the repairs. Place we ate lunch at one day was all a buzz about a bear that had been trying to get in the dumpster that morning. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Whitetail Strategies Guide Service has opened last minute booking for Vermont archery season 2015! Receive a generous discount to fill remaining open hunts/canceled hunts and become part of the four(4) maximum hunters in each group per scheduled hunt. This last minute discount will in no way affect the hunters that take advantage of the early booking benefits. With full four hunter groups deer stand area coverage and deer movement monitoring always aids in each day's pre hunt plan making, allowing us to be as effective as possible in the deer woods.

Standard Rates
Three(3) Day Professionally Guided Archery Whitetail Hunt-$465
Five(5) Day Professionally Guided Archery Whitetail Hunt---$599

Last Minute Booking Rates
Three(3) Day Professionally Guided Archery Whitetail Hunt-$300
Five(5) Day Professionally Guided Archery Whitetail Hunt---$400

Please add the low cost of lodging, license, and meals which averages $500 for a three(3) day hunt.

• 5 weeks later...

Whitetail Strategies Guide Service Availability Schedule Update

Vermont First Archery Season-Has closed for the 2015 season

Vermont Regular Rifle Season-One 3 day buck hunt available November 19-21 2015
One 3 day buck hunt available November 23-25 2015

Vermont Second Archery/Black Powder Season-No hunts available pending any cancelations

Vermont Rabbit Hunting Season-Many openings from January-February 2016

Vermont Guided/Outfitted Ice Fishing Trips-Many openings January-March 2016

Vermont Spring Turkey Season-Several hunts available May 1-31 2016

See Whitetail Strategies Guide Service on the web at www.whitetailstrategies.net
Contact Whitetail Strategies Guide Service at [email protected]