Anyone vaping?

wooly

I picked up one of those e-cigs last week with some high nicotine flavored juice and haven't puffed on a conventional cigarette since.

Anyone been using one of these things for any amount of time without their skin peeling off?

I ain't gonna lie.., I'd still prefer to spark up a Marlboro, but this ain't so bad, and the non smokers around me don't seem to mind or even notice when I hit it. :smoke:

• Like 1

Good luck to you wooly !  I quit a year ago Mothers Day and used the patches for 6-7 weeks and was sucessfull ! Unfortunately I gained 25 pounds that I didnt need but that is slowly coming off . Smoked for 40 plus years !

Oh, I'm done trying to quit.

I'm just looking for a way to expand my smoking opportunities anywhere.., anytime,lol

I do not smoke, but the E-Cig seems like quite an innovation. Is there only a vapor when smoking? If so, maybe the bars will rebound with customers wanting to drag on an E-Cig while watching a ball game on the bar TV, instead of freezing outside on the porch smoking.

I quit smoking many years ago.  During my wife's pregnancy, I picked up e-cigs for several months.  I would smoke in my office and I even smoked for a couple of weeks before my wife even found out.  There's absolutely no odor which is what makes it great.

That said...it is still nicotine.  The trace amount is pretty insignificant to adults but still present.  Since it so relatively new, there are no long term studies on it and in my case, no one knows yet what the long term effect will be with infants who are susceptible to even small traces of nicotine.  A few weeks after my son was born, I quit e-cigs as well.

While on the subject for those who have newborn infants and toddler, scientist are now finally become aware of the 3rd hand smoke.  3rd hand smoke is when the nicotine residue that fall onto fabric when smoking.  Basically, what makes you shirt smell like an ashtray.  If you step outside and have a cigarette then come back inside and pick up your baby and press him/her up against your clothes, her/she is breathing in all of cigarette smell that was trap in your clothes.  That smell contains nicotine molecules and is 3rd hand smoke.  E-cigs right now is being marked as being equivalent to 3rd hand smoke and that's why a lot of places are now banning them as well.

Wooly, My wife and I have been using the unique brand for 3 years

get my nicotine, no smell, and saved over 20,000$ in the last 3 years

It's great that you have saved so much.

I thought yrs ago they were marketed to help you quit?

It's great that you have saved so much.

I thought yrs ago they were marketed to help you quit?

I think that's how they got their start. Now with all the fruity flavors, I think they're being marketed towards recruiting new non smokers that think it's a safer alternative.

I just like the fact that I can take a drag just about anywhere, and unless somebody sees me, nobody pays much attention to it.

Think of the lives that will be saved by folks not falling asleep with an actual cigarette in their hands!

Good luck to you wooly !  I quit a year ago Mothers Day and used the patches for 6-7 weeks and was sucessfull ! Unfortunately I gained 25 pounds that I didnt need but that is slowly coming off . Smoked for 40 plus years !

Lol ..... One thing is for sure. It is easier to lose the new weight that quitting smoking may put on you than growing a new lung.

Oh damn.... I swore I would never become one of those preachy pain-in-the-necks that quit smoking and now feels required to nag the rest of the world, but that sounded so cool ....lol. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

• Like 1

Oh damn.... I swore I would never become one of those preachy pain-in-the-necks that quit smoking and now feels required to nag the rest of the world, but that sounded so cool ....lol. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I've actually caught myself saying   " If I can you can "

• Like 1

I've actually caught myself saying   " If I can you can "

The temptation is huge because quitting smoking can be such a prideful accomplishment. but I always try to think back at all the preaching, and cajoling, and all the people who seemed to be only interested in showing me their superiority as they lectured me on the evils of smoking and I really try super hard not to become them. But then, I am only human and slip up once in a while.....lol.

The temptation is huge because quitting smoking can be such a prideful accomplishment. but I always try to think back at all the preaching, and cajoling, and all the people who seemed to be only interested in showing me their superiority as they lectured me on the evils of smoking and I really try super hard not to become them. But then, I am only human and slip up once in a while.....lol.

but at least you're 100% correct on this topic!

I'm going to give the e-cigs a try pretty soon. Several friends have made the switch and are very happy so far regarding smell, cost, convenience, etc.

Health-wise, it can't really be any worse than smoking can it? I'm willing to take my chances.

(edit) Wooly, as an added incentive I'm going to put all that cig money into a coffee can towards some new photo gear!

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started 7/8. Tobacco-free for ten days now! It feels like a whole new world for me.

The coffee-can fund has me thinking about a used d90 body, wooly. I've been bitten hard again! Thanks, or damn you, I'm not sure. But thanks anyway.

That's awesome man! I haven't had a ciggy since I started this post back on the 6'th and I was a hardcore chain smoker.(close to 2pcks/day)

I've been hitting the 20mg nicotine oils to start with and that curbs my urges just fine. Nice thing about these e-ciggs is you just take a few drags when you get the urge and you're not committed to smoking an entire cigarette.

Some of these flavors are delishious,lol. So far I've tried the tobacco flavor, strawberry mango, grape, and swordfish.

The D-90 is a nice camera a lot of photogs are still using! Ggood luck!

• Like 1

Swordfish??

I'd like to see somebody come out with a 'deer hunting scent stick' flavor. LOL

Just imagine, vaping away and luring deer at the same time. I can dream can't I.

BTW, love the new avatar!! Incredible photo!

I had the same idea when this topic first started, just not sure how a doe urine flavor would taste.

• Like 1

I don't smoke but two coworkers I know well use e-cigs - or these things that do the vapor jazz. The one guy was a heavy smoker but decided to go that route once his daughter was born. Seems to work for him. Funny thing they still 'smoke' just outside where they used to.

• 1 month later...