Deer Season Countdown

landtracdeerhunter

I think we will have a good season.  The ADK herd seems to have gotten through the extreme cold well since the snow depth has be reasonable.  The southern herd seems to be in good shape although the numbers are down from a few years ago due to the large numbers of nuisance and antlerless  permits that have been issued in recent past.

Yeah, worst winter in over 50 years in WNY area.  I don't think it will hurt the current hunt as the mature deer tend to make it through, but I am wondering how it will effect the next few years with the younger deer kill off from the winter.

Not that there isn't enough deer in NYS to really worry about a winter kill....there are still a bazillion around.

I 'm seeing some nice ones, That in itself can spark the fire.

I took a trip west of Cleveland Ohio over the weekend on Rt 2. It was approching 8 pm. and the bucks were sure showing in the bean fields. I saw some beauties. That lit the fire and now the fuel is flowing, LOL.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...