WNY Bear

Don't you have  bear season in Genesee County? I thought almost the whole state was opened up to some sort of season on bears now. Over here in my local piece of Ontario County, bears are as scarce as hen's teeth, and even here we have a season on them.

Over here in my local piece of Ontario County, bears are as scarce as hen's teeth, and even here we have a season on them.

That sounds about the same as my area of Erie County.

One year after filling all my deer tags, I decided to take a walk with my gun and go "bear hunting".

It felt like I was doing something illegal, so that was the last "bear hunt" I ever went on,lol

• Like 2

That sounds about the same as my area of Erie County.

One year after filling all my deer tags, I decided to take a walk with my gun and go "bear hunting".

It felt like I was doing something illegal, so that was the last "bear hunt" I ever went on,lol

Ha-ha That comment on it feeling like something illegal cracked me up. I know the exact feeling. I had it when I had an opportunity at wiping out maybe the last pheasant in our town. It would have been legal, but somehow it didn't feel like it should be.

I'll be honest, there is no way that I would loose and arrow or fire a shot at a bear in our area even in a perfectly legal situation. Couldn't do it.

Ha-ha That comment on it feeling like something illegal cracked me up. I know the exact feeling. I had it when I had an opportunity at wiping out maybe the last pheasant in our town. It would have been legal, but somehow it didn't feel like it should be.

I'll be honest, there is no way that I would loose and arrow or fire a shot at a bear in our area even in a perfectly legal situation. Couldn't do it.

I hunt in Wyoming county and can hunt bear if i so choose. I throw out my bear tag the day I get my license. Would rather see the bear and give someone else that same chance to see it . It may be the only bear I or they ever see. 

• 2 weeks later...