Elite bow quiver

2012_taco

I have an Elite Hunter with the elite detachable quiver. The problem I have is I put on a truglo range rover adjustable 1 pin sight and now the quiver hits the lock bolt on the sight. Any ideas? can i get longer mounting bolts for the quiver to clear the sights? It doesn't look like I can mount the quiver on the sight because it has to be able to move to adjust the range. I flipped the mount to the bottom of the riser and it clears but it is mounted upside down. Looks and feels wrong, although it works. Any one experience this problem? 

here are some pics, it looks like I should be able to get longer bolts for where the quiver mounts to the bracket on the bow and put in a longer spacer. The first pic is with the quiver mounted on the bottom of the riser. it works but doesn't feel right. second pic shows where it should be, 3rd and 4th are with it mounted to the bottom, and last pic is it mounted normal but it hits my adjustment screw for the sight. The pic of the bracket doesn't show it but the 2 posts where the quiver mounts to the bracket can be unscrewed. That's what i think i can replace with longer bolts and add some spacers. I only need 1/4 -1/2 " to clear the sight. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem with the Elite quivers.

longer screws and something used as spacers will work but I would call elite and see what they may suggest.  Dick (main bow tech) is generally very helpful.  You may need to push out the nylon fasteners from the mount vs. the mount from the bow since I think that mount post has triangular ends to keep the mount from spinning.

I would still use the bracket I mentioned. When you mount that thing out there your bow is going to be pretty heavy to that side. Adding a side weight to counter balance it will just make it even heavier. Even if you take your quiver off in the stand what's to say you don't run into a deer along the way with your quiver on.

Edited by dbHunterNY

I called Elite on Wednesday and left a message, Emily from customer service called me back yesterday and a longer replacement post is being shipped, no charge! Now i just have to wait until it arrives, hope it works. Great customer service, she commented on the fact that they want all of their customers to be happy with all their products. 

• Like 1

Might be time for a two piece elite unless the tightspot adapter will work with the elite quiver (not sure it does though). Or you could just sell it an buy a tightspot. Tough with a sight that sticks out that far. Other smaller quivers may work too.

problem solved, Thanks lawd, We took the lock nut off of the sight and left the Elite hardware alone. Works fine. The adjuster on the sight is stiff enough that I don't need to tighten the lock nut. I will just have to keep an eye on the yardage markings before I shoot to be sure it hasn't moved. I usually look at the yardage as I set up just to sure it is dialed in right so I don't think that will be  problem.