Corn...

So you guys know I plant feed corn to grow as a view blocker and food/cover for deer...I broadcast and disc so I plant 10x's more than one would with a planter...This is because of deer, turkey, crow, grackles and robins....I picked up fist fulls of 3-4 in. corn plants they plucked out and left every where...dirty @!#$%!

This year I laid down insecticide to kill worms..worked but the birds just hammered it and it was BAD I also planted sunflowers next to and in said corn a crazy amount...hhhmmm...   That power plant I used last year just killed me with weeds resulting in seed...for the first time ever weeds over took the planting...disgusted at one area being wiped out any ways...... I sprayed the entire road front length right down the middle...still hoping on the sunflowers...Now I knew the weed killer would take out the sun flower and some of corn...

I'm very pleased that a lot of what was coming up is still alive and dang even some sunflowers survived...it did kill right to ground some of the corn and most of SF that I hit...I'll live with the weeds in section I didn't spray..

So not a total loss on $20 worth of cover...actually fed some critters and will still provide some added view blockage...Looks like this year they. did a bit more mixing of RR harvest with non RR corn.

Dang Monsanto must read the hunting posts...JK...lol

Edited by growalot

I planted mine way late and it's just knee high now....It is a short season yellow corn...usually plant bi-color but short season was out... I figure I'll be freezing it aroud the same time I did last year...the pumpkins are a bit slower this year but coming along and should be ready right at Halloween...that garden/plot has TTT in first leaf and some just germinating the beans are up...and the birds ate every pea plant the emerged...I over seed those in TTT as well..cukes and melons are growing well in that area...