Never ceases to amaze me...

chiefbkt

FYI. Some credit/debit cards require zip code to be processed if you're purchasing more than X amount.

it is best for me not to find one of these zipcode/credit card stores on a morning that I haven't had my coffee yet, sounds like a recipe for disaster..................................just kidding.

I hate having to prepay for gas, and I too have driven off to the next station. I get a bit annoyed when a store asks for my zip code too. My point I was trying to make is that if you are buying a product with legal intentions, like when you buy ammo from Walmart or coleman fuel, you have to show your id. Just a question, why would you be buying bait at a shop, when you would be asked for your license, and get offended for that request?

They ask for ID to buy Coleman fuel in VT? And in terms of you last question. It is not an illegal product and is none of their freaking business.

Personally, I'm not a fan of baiting, not a fan of high fence hunts, not a fan of laws making either one illegal either...lol... Not being a diehard duck hunter, when I hunt ducks I'm all for shooting them on the water ( less chance of missing or wounding them). I hear from some of my buddies this is "unethical" . I guess baiting deer would be similar to some.

Have any luck with the decoys yet? I have only managed to scare deer away so far..ha

Not yet with the deer coy's but the turkey work's well.When I get my first bow kill this season going to use the hide to cover my deer coy and spray it with tink's buck lure

Back to original post these stores sell these product's for the purpose of getting other's involved with growing food plot's.their wording on packaging could be miss judged.I have purchased many product's like this and when planted it does grow corn/even a bag of bird feed will grow.also when the pellets for my stove is running low I use the corn to heat my home

This afternoon I stopped into Gander mtn. to get some handgun ammo. On the way out I wandered over to the deer feed/seed section. In the center of the aisle there were piles of different feeds labeled "deer corn" "Buck block" and similar names. They all had pictures or drawings of deer on them, mostly huge bucks. All of them did . There was a sign perched on top of one of the piles of "Buck block" It had the D.E.C. section of law which states it is illegal to feed wild deer. Then under that it said that none of the products sold at GM are sold to be fed to wild deer, only livestock.  LOL!! What a sad attempt at CYA!!

This afternoon I stopped into Gander mtn. to get some handgun ammo. On the way out I wandered over to the deer feed/seed section. In the center of the aisle there were piles of different feeds labeled "deer corn" "Buck block" and similar names. They all had pictures or drawings of deer on them, mostly huge bucks. All of them did . There was a sign perched on top of one of the piles of "Buck block" It had the D.E.C. section of law which states it is illegal to feed wild deer. Then under that it said that none of the products sold at GM are sold to be fed to wild deer, only livestock.  LOL!! What a sad attempt at CYA!!

I'll bet their poor sales clerks get frequent grief from irate customers about this policy. Imagine working in a store like that and having to attempt to justify selling these products. It must get pretty ugly at times. I wonder if even the resident store manager has any say in what products will be sold there. What do you think, could these products be forced on the store by Gander Mountain or whichever store by the home office? Does it do any good to complain? Is there really anyone to complain to there that could actually do anything about it?

I'll bet their poor sales clerks get frequent grief from irate customers about this policy. Imagine working in a store like that and having to attempt to justify selling these products. It must get pretty ugly at times. I wonder if even the resident store manager has any say in what products will be sold there. What do you think, could these products be forced on the store by Gander Mountain or whichever store by the home office? Does it do any good to complain? Is there really anyone to complain to there that could actually do anything about it?

I have to guess its a corporate decision. If the store is selling tons of the stuff, and I know that they are, then the high ups will make sure the store always has plenty to $ell.

Their loophole is that these products can be fed to livestock and farm raised deer.

Huntingwny sells their own mineral for out of state use. The first yr they had their cam contest everything had a salt block in it.

On the other side I doubt a trophy rock will get deer killed (bait or otherwise)- guessing there are plenty of corn and apple piles out in the woods come October though

The fact that vendors are allowed to support and enable the illegal feeding of Deer, tells me that the whole CWD debate is a farce, as the state/DEC clearly are not concerned with this practice. They have to know these products are feeding wild deer across the state and if they believe their own press about the causes or factors that contribute to CWD, the selling of feed would banned with one swirl of Cuomo's pen. He,after all, owns all the deer.

CWD has been a political farce from day one. They tried to do one thing with their agenda and that backfired on them, resulted in a lawsuit and now fighting their screw up with your taxpayer dollars.

Do you also think if they were worried about CWD they would have a compost pile in Cortland where they throw all the untested deer in a huge pile to break down, which in turn is then spread in every flowerbed in every rest area on the Ny state thruway and givin to local farmers to spread on their crops?  But we already all know about the farce???? 

Remember  NYS has one county that ...unless wording was changed..and I haven't heard it has been yet...feeding deer is legal..All due to a court case...but that said what amazes me is...like cops doing road checks on cars...why DEC doesn't set up checks for this stuff at these stores...stop them at their trunks...take names and areas they hunt info..that would deter this stuff and perhaps make these stores free up that floor space for things we can use legally...

I talked to one of the Gander firearms guys last season. He told me that before the previous season the DEC came into the store and made them pull a bunch of that stuff off the shelves because it was obviously "Bait". I have no idea why there is obvious bait still on the shelves, but I have my $u$picioun$…...

• Like 1

I'm not saying they need to follow people to their cars. If they wanted to badly enough they could get records from all these stores for everyone who buys it during the year. I'm not for that. I'm just saying if the stores who promote ethical hunting and sportsmanship sell feed clearly labeled as deer corn, its wrong. It's like saying "we're good sportsman, and we love the outdoors. But if you can't get a deer the right way, we have piles of deer bait for you to use." It's a dog and pony show strictly for the money.

• Like 1

I'm not saying they need to follow people to their cars. If they wanted to badly enough they could get records from all these stores for everyone who buys it during the year. I'm not for that. I'm just saying if the stores who promote ethical hunting and sportsmanship sell feed clearly labeled as deer corn, its wrong. It's like saying "we're good sportsman, and we love the outdoors. But if you can't get a deer the right way, we have piles of deer bait for you to use." It's a dog and pony show strictly for the money.

They're making money. End of story . The DEC would have to, not only follow customers, who buy the stuff, to their cars but follow them to their hunting spots and catch them baiting with it. Not going to happen & baiters know it. It is what it is.

But hay… dumping a pile of "deer corn" out in front of your stand, in one big pile, is the same as hunting a growing corn field…..Right???    LOL!!! Freaking losers.

I'm just saying if the stores who promote ethical hunting and sportsmanship sell feed clearly labeled as deer corn, its wrong. It's like saying "we're good sportsman, and we love the outdoors. But if you can't get a deer the right way, we have piles of deer bait for you to use." It's a dog and pony show strictly for the money.

Stores have one mission. Profit. End of story.