Flood watch

growalot

They got it right this time...imagine that!...Whopper of a storm that came through...nice it let up long enough for me to take the pups out for there morning constitutional...(baby sitting"grandpups")....

Hope everyone's fine...son woke to 7 in. of water in the basement...broke through around where his well line enters the basement...poor guy...

Things are pretty quiet here, we got some rain but certainly not enough to pose any real issues.

Oh wait, it looks like its back..............

I have a job to do for a customer (senior apartments) cleaning some large common area halls.  Hauling in and out 400' of hose (two hoses @ 200' each) in a down pour doesn't make for a fun time.  Rain coats shed some of the water but perspiration makes it a moot issue.  Then a driving rain into the electronics of the machine never gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. :fie: 

We'll give it a shot after lunch as long as the radar looks better.

Keep the field reports coming!

Fortunately the worst of the storm went around us here. We gotsome rain ,good luck to those in the path of this storm. We certainly have had some unusual weather over the last seven months !        :bye:

• Like 1

I was driving home from New Jersey last night 90% of the drive it was pouring out really bad almost 0 visibility at points once I got into the 390 near mount morris at around 1230am my phone stayed going crazy with an alert of a flash flood warning crappy ride with a 12 month old 3 yr old and 4 yr old trying to sleep in the back seat

Edited by Red

Sorry to see that didn't get much here in the southern tier. ...but that is a great time lapse pic

I don't think it was a time lapse, more of a "walk and snap pics" collaboration.

I just talked to my buddy again, he had better than 5" in his rain gauge.........!!

Things are pretty quiet here, we got some rain but certainly not enough to pose any real issues.

Oh wait, it looks like its back..............

I have a job to do for a customer (senior apartments) cleaning some large common area halls.  Hauling in and out 400' of hose (two hoses @ 200' each) in a down pour doesn't make for a fun time.  Rain coats shed some of the water but perspiration makes it a moot issue.  Then a driving rain into the electronics of the machine never gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. :fie:

We'll give it a shot after lunch as long as the radar looks better.

Keep the field reports coming!

Got the job done.  It poured as soon as we got there........only for a few minutes though.

Next?

Yeah 5 ft. We just finished a large trench around the house too. The road culvert coildnt handle the load and the water came racing back in. The ditch was breached at one point too...probably because the culvert couldnt handle it.

Feel really bad for Phade after all the work they did cleaning up after the last flood, including drainage work.  Hang in there buddy.

My hunting parcel, which is largely swamp, is 5 min from his house and the deer were very active there today on the high ground according to the MMS cam.  I bet they got flooded out of the swamp beds and had to move.  That's a ridiculous amount of rain.

Yeah 5 ft. We just finished a large trench around the house too. The road culvert coildnt handle the load and the water came racing back in. The ditch was breached at one point too...probably because the culvert couldnt handle it.

Damn................so sorry to hear that.

I don't think it was a time lapse, more of a "walk and snap pics" collaboration.

Yes I walked part way down the driveway and turned around to get  a picture looking back at the house and yard .... That was the first picture. The other three were taken sequentially as I walked down through until the water started getting over my boots.

I just looked out a few minutes ago this morning, and while it is so dark that I can't be sure, the water is still there. I'll have to check it out in a bit.

Doc,

Is that a stream that runs along your driveway in the first picture or is all that rainwater?  I heard 2 inches fell in places.  I hope you didn't suffer any permanent damage. 

We have a rather large creek that winds down through the valley. On our side it sometimes jumps the bank and heads across what used to old farm fields and winds up crossing the road right at my driveway. There are also several ravines that drain off the hill and get a bit crazy. But the big contributor is the swamp across the road that the creek runs through over there. The creek-bed fills, overflows and starts spreading across the valley. That water covers the highway and starts coming up over my driveway. It happens at least once a year. There is no current to speak of so there usually is no damage. I haven't been able to get down there to see the front yet so I won't know if anything is different this time from the usual floods.