Shot a few little birdies today...

philoshop

Oh man..., a pecker, a chick, and a bunch of swallows!

I see a theme in your work already,lol!

What rig are you shooting?

These look fantastic so far, and I'll bet they'll get even better the more you shoot!

Congrats on the new cam, and can't wait to see more from you!

• Like 2

For cryin' out loud, I'm pegged already!

I'll try to keep the theme going. You already have the best butt-shot that will ever be taken.

d3000 and a 55-200vr lens. That was the budget balance for me. And I learned a lot about the camera today. I'm happy with that. Pretty sweet shooter all around.

BTW, I missed the fox shot because the nikon lenses zoom the other way. Old habits die hard...

• Like 1

Got this guy today in the top of a big old white oak.

post-4931-0-24245700-1407024686_thumb.jp

I really wanted a shot of him taking flight. Of course that happened when I tried to sneak around a small bush to get a better angle. Shoulda stayed where I was.

Any idea what the smudge is at 1:30'ish in this one? I cleaned everything but the sensor today and it's still there. Nothing I could see with a magnifier on the sensor either. It's only noticeable with an even-color background, but it's gonna bother me if I lose a good photo because of it.

post-4931-0-17275200-1407025211_thumb.jp

Thanks,

Mark

I had a similar smudge show up in my pictures a while back. Didn't see anything obvious on the sensor, so I just blew it off with one of those little hand air puffers.

That didn't help it any, and I was really starting to get annoyed by it, so I stuck a Q-tip in there and gently dusted it off and I haven't seen it since.

Don't ruin your camera over it. If you had not pointed it out, I doubt anyone would have noticed.