WTF!! License Issuing Problem

letinmfly

I'm up at camp and decided to stop by local gun shop to purchase my hunting license.

I can't get my license because the new "camo" paper isn't working in the printer. There's a glitch in the system and NYS has been working to fix the issue for the last week and a half now!!!

Didn't the state test the new paper on the older printers that these store owners across the state have?

What a bunch of typical NYSDEC BULLSHIT!!!

Sorry but I needed to vent!!

new paper has been very tricky to use

its thicker and a smoother finish than the old stock so the printers are having a hell of a time with it

we were told its ok to use any old stock as long as we can print a license so u might see licenses on camo paper or last years yellow paper or even green!

DEC...go figure!

• Like 1

He was able to print some licenses last week on the old yellow paper but he only had a couple of rolls.  The DEC told hem to get rid of the yellow paper but he kept two for some strange reason.  I guess he had a premonition of what was going to happen!!

Town clerk had the same problem and she had thrown all of her yellow paper rolls out too.  Oh well...

I'll go to town hall down here next Thursday and try to get it. 

On a related topic :  I applied for DMP and purchased Bow and M.L. license this week from the DEC website. I found the new site confusing.I believe I am getting everything mailed to me however I did not receive a confirmation e-mail like I used to with the previous website. Hope everything arrives in the mail including my lifetime lic. that has not arrived yet.What is it with government websites ??

On a related topic :  I applied for DMP and purchased Bow and M.L. license this week from the DEC website. I found the new site confusing.I believe I am getting everything mailed to me however I did not receive a confirmation e-mail like I used to with the previous website. Hope everything arrives in the mail including my lifetime lic. that has not arrived yet.What is it with government websites ??

I didi mine online as well, I didnt get a confirmation email either just printed my receipt in case. I got my tags in the mail one week from the day I purchased them.

• Like 1

Neither has mine. Starting to get frustrated.

Worse yet I went online to the new pos system to get my doe permits. Doesn't even show me having a lifetime license. Ugh

At least they do a Great job managing game. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worse yet I went online to the new pos system to get my doe permits. Doesn't even show me having a lifetime license. Ugh

At least they do a Great job managing game. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I don't see it in the mailbox tomorrow when I get back from work they're going to get a call on Tuesday.