Awesome hand tool for cutting shooting lanes

VT Outfitter

Hello everyone, I just wanted to post a thread about a very cool tool I used today. I was on one of my hunting properties setting stands and checking trail cameras. Lots of pictures of Doe's with fawn's and some small bucks, few turkeys too. This tool I bought while working for an archery outfitter in IL many years ago. I found it at a farm supply place, the name escapes me at the moment, but it seemed like a nice tool to have. It was inexpensive, like $20. It is very, very simple. But extremely effective.

I describe it as a long length of heavy rope with a weight sand bag at one end, and a clip on the other end. In the middle there is a long length of chainsaw chain attached inline and has a metal piece about 6 inches long at one end of the chain. For those limbs that need to be taken in shooting lanes, no matter the size, this tool chews through with ease. All you have to do is throw the sand bag over the limb and pull the chain up to the limb and start pulling the rope back and forth like using a small hand cable saw that you would carry for wilderness survival. I was throwing the bag from the ground and from the tree stand. It rolls up to about the size of a softball with a baseball (sand bag) attached to it. I have tried the extending pole saws. I have even cut a pole and tied my hand saw to the pole to cut lanes. This rope chainsaw doesn't bind like a blade saw does, plus I can sharpen it. Anyone ever hear of or use one of these? I cant even remember the name of this thing, but it is taken the place of my pole saws from here on out.