DMP landowner permits

catskillkid

I went to buy my 2014 hunting license this morning The issueing agent told me that he had seen a couple of landowners that were rejected for their DMP antlerless permits. He said there is an outside  chance that other applicants for that particular unit may get a permit before landowners. Seems to me that it was just a computer glitch. I can't believe that a non taxpayer would get a permit before the landowner. Permits have always been given to landowners before everyone else as long as permits were to be issued in the unit.  Has anyone heard of this?

I did get my permit for 4O though

I went to buy my 2014 hunting license this morning The issueing agent told me that he had seen a couple of landowners that were rejected for their DMP antlerless permits. He said there is an outside  chance that other applicants for that particular unit may get a permit before landowners. Seems to me that it was just a computer glitch. I can't believe that a non taxpayer would get a permit before the landowner. Permits have always been given to landowners before everyone else as long as permits were to be issued in the unit.  Has anyone heard of this?

I'm a taxpayer, don't have enough land to qualify for a landowner permit, but I certainly pay a lot of property tax every year.

• Like 1

Where was this issuing agent working?

I believe there is a problem with the system or the people using the new system are not trained on how to use it yet. I believe the land owners permit option is setup different in the DECAL system now. I went to get my DMP permits. I qualify for landowners so he put the info in, and I told him the units I wanted. He prints the tags, and I only get one tags and get land owners preference for area that I don't own and land in. So I had to call DEC and I believe it is straightened out, but yet to get my correct tags in the mail.

Edited by HectorBuckBuster