Beginner bow

flygonenuts

I have the diamond Razor edge- which is the older version of the infinite edge. I love how adjustable it is and it grows with the shooter. I find myself using this more in a hunting situation because I learned on it and its a little more compact. hope this helps. 

• Like 1

I always have a super tough time making recommendations to beginners. So much changes in those initial weeks of shooting. First of all your strength takes a rapid increase in just a few weeks of concentrated shooting, so you really don't know what poundage you want to start with. Your personal draw length will change as you begin to develop a more relaxed shooting form. Anchors will evolve as you find what feels most comfortable and repeatable. With so much that is likely to change, I would hesitate to invest a big pile of money until you have been shooting for a while. If you go with the big bucks, you may find yourself compromising on shooting form, trying to make your form fit some expensive bow that you have bought. Honestly, if you have an opportunity, I would borrow a bow from somebody for the first couple of weeks of shooting, before dropping a ton of cash. Get used to the drawing and aiming process. Get some development of the archery muscles, and I think you will have a better shot at buying a quality bow that fits you.

• Like 1

Adjustable is very important for a beginner's bow.  Can't stress that enough.  But also you should simply try it out in the shop.  I bought the Bear Charge.  I had a bigger budget and tried some bows that were simply more expensive but for some reason the Bear Charge felt more comfortable in my hands and at full draw so that's what I went with.

Edited by Elmo

Welcome to the site!

I'll repeat what Doc said. In a way, the right bow will sort of find you. Get together with some folks at a local shooting range or pro shop and make some friends. You'll probably get a lot of good advice and get to shoot a bit. Then pick what you're comfortable with.

Best of luck!

I just recently purchased a Mathews Mission Craze for much the same reasons as listed above.  Great bow for the price and VERY adjustable.  I absolutely love it.  Yeah, it's listed as a youth bow, and no, I don't care.  :)  The only drawback I researched before I purchased it is that a beginner bow with a short length is less forgiving, so be careful of that.  I havent found it to be a problem yet, but I've only put maybe a hundred shots through it.