Getting comfortable in the ground

Borngeechee

During Spring turkey season I use a strut seat. Only sit a few inches off the ground.  Don't see how it wouldn't be comfy during deer season. Although if I'm going  to climb down from stand and walk and sit, I'll sit on my backpack. Have eaten many a smushed sammiches to confirm this : )

• Like 1

If i can find an uprooted tree ill sit against it, usually just lean against a tree , i always make sure to scrape the ground down to dirt first thing so that i don't make to much noise , and i like the strong odor of nature that is hidden under the decomposing forest floor , its like natural cover up scent.

In my 60 years of hunting most likley had every thin out there,the worst is the plastic coverd hot seats Too Noisy when walking,The strap on swivel seats are good, just keep them oiled or greased.Fold up seats are good if you can find a flat piece of ground in the woods,Stadium cushions work,the ones with a back rest,My favorite is a piece of reprocessrd wool I found, about 18" wide x 16" deep and close to an inch thickI gust cut slits in it for a belt to fit threw and I have a folding saw,clippers and a fixed blade knife in i., Light Quiet does not get wet and comfortable, thats if I am doing any walking and still hunting.In my natural tree stump blind I use 18" dia. logs cut to fit me.with my cussion on top, can swivel 300 degrees Quiet.I have also used the thee stumps in my old ground blind.     

I have a very lightweight aluminum folding stool that can be put in my backpack.

I had to laugh at that title, "Getting comfortable in the ground". I may be getting on in age, but I hope I am not ready to be getting comfortable in the ground. When that day comes, I would guess that my folding aluminum stool won't really do it ..... lol.

If I use a climber, then no cushion needed.  If I use a pop-up blind then I bring in one of those 3 leg stools similar to the one BigRed44 posted.  It folds up and I stuff it into my backpack.  If I'm using natural cover or if I'm using the stalk and sit method, then I bring a seat cushion with me.  Also fits into my back pack but if need be, can also be attached to my belt but it can be cumbersome if attached to the belt.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Hunting/Hunting-Blinds/Stools-Chairs-Seat-Cushions%7C/pc/104791680/c/104702580/sc/104607180/Primosreg-Twin-Cheeks-Seat/707865.uts?destination=%2Fcategory%2FStools-Chairs-Seat-Cushions%2F104607180.uts&WTz_l=Unknown%3Bcat104607180

I bring my hunting seat even when I am in my blind because it has a pouch to carry stuff.

I have a old wood chain in the blind, cut the legs to have a good view out window. I cut the back legs a bit shorter, helps with comfort. I should buy a pillow

I mostly stand hunt but I have a few ground blinds. I often use those full size, nylon folding chairs that have a full back to them. When folded up  they are thin and about 3 ft. long and slip into a nylon bag. Comfy.