Is Cuomo running unopposed?

So where are the Astorino TV, radio and newspaper ads? It appears that the Republicans have a stealth candidate. One of the best kept secrets in the world of politics. Quite frankly it is getting a bit worrisome. This clown Cuomo seems to have the complete run of the media and for all appearances seems to be running unopposed. I'm hearing a lot of "Astorino who?" from people who see the sign out front of my place. The only name recognition he is receiving is coming from the slew of unanswered Cuomo attack ads. It is shaping up as a bloodbath this fall. And with this potential landslide goes our gun rights as the anti-gunners become emboldened by the "mandate". What seems to be the problem with the Republican party? They had a whole bag of real good issues this year, and they are all being squandered ...... again.

How much money did you donate to help him?  Timing and money is everything. It costs hugely to put an ad on TV.  How much door knocking have you done to get  his name out?  He is not burning a lot of his assets now, and have nothing closer to the election. People remember what they heard last, not first.  Hell look at polls a candidate says one thing polls change by points the next week it turns right back around.  A sign is your yard is a great start.  But we need to do much more to help him. Why nor organize a meet and greet in your area through a local gun club?  Coumo has almost unlimited funds to play with.  Plus if the only name recognition he was getting was from Cuomo bash ads, apparently the people in your area are not paying attention to them, or they would know his name.  He is out all over the state almost daily.  Hell he is even traveling here to the frozen north early september for a meet and greet.  This will be his second trip here as well as his running mate Chris Moss has been here and marched in a parade with my group this summer.  Complaining that Astorino is not doing enough will not help.  Want him to come to your area, contact him and ask him to come. 

Like you said, Cuomo has a seemingly unlimited amount of cash on hand. Maybe Astorino doesn't, but since there's a $100 limit on contributions from an individual it seems Astorino will be hard pressed to attain a considerable amount when he is on the recieving end of most of the media mud slinging. I wish I could do more to help the little fella, but this is the road he chose. His views and goals might be top notch, but he's playing the numbers($cash$) game. It really is sad when the better man doesn't win due to $$$.

Hell I'd be cheap. Just give me a crayon and the back of an envelope and I'll turn this place around! Lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes just a hyperlink > http://www.robastorino.com/ < in the right spot helps !

Being outdoorsmen/women, I don't think it's us that need to be reached. We already know who NOT to vote for! So use your hyperlinks wisely, there might be a limit on them too

Edited by PREDATE
  • Like 2

How much money did you donate to help him?  Timing and money is everything. It costs hugely to put an ad on TV.  How much door knocking have you done to get  his name out?  He is not burning a lot of his assets now, and have nothing closer to the election. People remember what they heard last, not first.  Hell look at polls a candidate says one thing polls change by points the next week it turns right back around.  A sign is your yard is a great start.  But we need to do much more to help him. Why nor organize a meet and greet in your area through a local gun club?  Coumo has almost unlimited funds to play with.  Plus if the only name recognition he was getting was from Cuomo bash ads, apparently the people in your area are not paying attention to them, or they would know his name.  He is out all over the state almost daily.  Hell he is even traveling here to the frozen north early september for a meet and greet.  This will be his second trip here as well as his running mate Chris Moss has been here and marched in a parade with my group this summer.  Complaining that Astorino is not doing enough will not help.  Want him to come to your area, contact him and ask him to come. 

Look, I understand all the popular excuses, but the fact is that Cuomo and the Democratic party seem to have no problem raising gobs of money. They have an organization that comes to the show equipped to perform. And I'll bet nearly none of that is from mom & pop individual contributors. The Republican Party has failed to catch on to something that seems to be second nature to the Democrats. It's time (past time) for them to smarten up and start preparing to actually run a campaign. This Astorino is not supposed to be standing by himself. He is supposed to have a political machine behind him that has already accumulated the cash to run an effective campaign. Why hasn't that happened? If a dingbat like Cuomo and his merry bunch of pinkos can do it, it can't be all that tough to figure out.

Like you said, Cuomo has a seemingly unlimited amount of cash on hand. Maybe Astorino doesn't, but since there's a $100 limit on contributions from an individual it seems Astorino will be hard pressed to attain a considerable amount when he is on the recieving end of most of the media mud slinging. I wish I could do more to help the little fella, but this is the road he chose. His views and goals might be top notch, but he's playing the numbers($cash$) game. It really is sad when the better man doesn't win due to $$$.

Hell I'd be cheap. Just give me a crayon and the back of an envelope and I'll turn this place around! Lol

so if ever gun owner (estimated 6 million) donated 100 dollars Astorino could outspend Cuomo hugely.  Better to say oh we are defeated I guess. 

Look, I understand all the popular excuses, but the fact is that Cuomo and the Democratic party seem to have no problem raising gobs of money. They have an organization that comes to the show equipped to perform. And I'll bet nearly none of that is from mom & pop individual contributors. The Republican Party has failed to catch on to something that seems to be second nature to the Democrats. It's time (past time) for them to smarten up and start preparing to actually run a campaign. This Astorino is not supposed to be standing by himself. He is supposed to have a political machine behind him that has already accumulated the cash to run an effective campaign. Why hasn't that happened? If a dingbat like Cuomo and his merry bunch of pinkos can do it, it can't be all that tough to figure out.

Ok so I guess we can change the whole system before November.  I asked what did you do or plan to do.  By not answering, I guess a sign in your yard is enough.  I thought you were in for the long haul.  I guess not.  These are not popular excuses.  They are reality. Without funds, he can not get his message out.  So keep your purse strings drawn tight and complain how the system does not work.  

On a news interview I watched last week with Astorino, he was asked if he is lacking funds for compaining.  He said he was not but does not have the funds Cuomo does,  Said he was waiting for the opportune time to start.   HUH?  Wonder when that is going to be. 

or maybe at a certain point you look at the numbers and realize any more money spent is going to be money thrown away.......I have no idea how campaigns are run, but I would think at some point they realize that spending a few million dollars on a losing battle is not the best move.

Edited by jjb4900

The Republican Party has failed to catch on to something that seems to be second nature to the Democrats. It's time (past time) for them to smarten up and start preparing to actually run a campaign.

I agree. This election didn't just sneak up on anyone.

As it states in this article. If just half of those estimated 6 million gun owners voted for Astorino, that would turn the tide and send Cuomo packing. Also, that if each one of us sends just $5 that we alone could come close to matching Cuomos 38 million. Personally I wish " Trump For NYS Governor" would have came into fruition, but as it is Astorino has my vote.

http://m.unitedgunownersofnewyorkstate.com/site/mobile?dm_path=%2F&fw_sig_permission_level=0&fw_sig_api_key=522b0eedffc137c934fc7268582d53a1&fw_sig_site=106229805&fw_sig_access_token=12204d2dcba6ec70c40889c415098b870cc58691&fw_sig_url=http://www.unitedgunownersofnewyorkstate.com/&fw_sig_is_admin=0&fw_sig_time=1408892593021&fw_sig_session_key=e56d3745b7dacca1e4132dfbbe14368494c07830a6153b0d2a75d47b440d8af7-106229805&fw_sig_locale=en-US&fw_sig_permissions=none&fw_sig_tier=-1&fw_sig_premium=1&fw_sig_social=1&fw_sig=2e4f9e28ad5a68b92b2677b50a59b670&fw_sig_partner=webs&fb_sig_network=fw#3122

or maybe at a certain point you look at the numbers and realize any more money spent is going to be money thrown away.......I have no idea how campaigns are run, but I would think at some point they realize that spending a few million dollars on a losing battle is not the best move.

Yup many look at it that way. Andy has been getting praise for about every other thing he has done with the state..If thats possible. He did a great job with the fair. lol  With all the praise he gets from the older citizens about gun control that dont care about guns or hunting or think they are being stepped on and with even some that think they are being stepped on but still wont even vote Andy will win by a landslide again. Sad but true i believe! 

another thing I noticed, Astorino has not brought up the Safe Act and how it was passed, at least not that I have seen........which concerns me that perhaps he knows that the majority of NY residents are either for it or have no opinion on it, which is why he has left it alone, at least from what I have seen in televised ads that would be seen by the general public. I realize that anyone who cares is aware of his stance on the issue, but that's not who needs to be convinced.

If you watch politics closely like I said people remember what is said last not first.  That is why the prosecution always goes last in closing arguments.  the true campaigning begins in mid october.  Never play all your cards the first time around the table.  On SEPTEMBER 7th  Astorino is doing a one day across the state rally.  He is starting ib buffalo with a rally there then in Syracuse and on to Albany where a huge gathering is planned at 1PM.  he has said much about how the safe act was passed and how he plans to defund it in much detail if elected, which essentially shuts it down in .  He is traveling by vehicle on the thruway and the plan is to flood the thruway with vehicles essentially shutting it down also. Look it up on his website and pan to go to a stop.  I stopped placing these informational posts and the proportion of political ads was too high for most.  Why do you think Cuomo is doing such a smear campaign?  One simple reason he is nervous for his job.  The same reason he hid in a building at the fair and does not announce where he will be.  So he is not met with the opposition that makes him look bad.  To throw in the towel now is just simply wrong.  But hey I am seeing more and more complacency.  All I can say is wait until January if he gets re elected.  Then I will sit back and say I told you so even though I will suffer the wrath just as much. 

• Like 1

Yes and while he and his missing Republican backers wait for the perfect timing, Andy is filling the airwaves with unanswered slander, building up the case that this guy is just short of being an Al Capone. Those kinds of charges if not answered right away, stick like glue and become the only "facts" that voters can remember when they go to the polls.

There is no real excuse to be going into a campaign underfunded. All that shows is insincerity, and the lack of ability to plan. And by the way, if he came into this campaign counting on every gun owner to contribute $100, then we definitely are backing the wrong horse. That is about the silliest notion that I have ever heard. He and the Republican party know what it takes to run a campaign. It's not a big secret that somebody just sprung on them this year. If their campaign fundraisers don't know what the heck they are doing, they need to be replaced. We can't continue to be putting up these "lightweights" and expect to beat a real political animal like Cuomo. And I think that going easy on the Republican Party for this fiasco of a campaign is letting them off the hook way too easy. Somebody needs to answer for this non-campaign. The party is either totally incompetent, or they have some other unknown agenda that calls for hanging a paper candidate out to dry. We can talk about liberal this and liberal that, but maybe the problem in NYS is that we simply run a crap campaign with crap candidates and a know-nothing political party.

As I said earlier timing is everything  People remember what they heard last not what they heard in August when the election is in November.  they are looking for regional campaign people. Jump in show them how it is done.  

But I guess if you wait too long, you run the risk of people already having made up their minds...people already know who Cuomo is so he has to put much less of an effort getting his name out there, so it would seem that he has an advantage in the campaign game.

Well, as long as everyone is satisfied with the way this campaign is going, I guess that's the important thing ....eh? Rob who??? Oh yeah, he's the guy Cuomo is always talking about in his campaign ads.

Obviously you are not satisfied with how it is going.  I gave you several suggestions to assist t he cause.  You did not respond to any of them.  Besides griping about it on the internet, what do you do?  I know the answer, but would like you to say it, even though you will not.  The answer is nothing but gripe. 

Obviously you are not satisfied with how it is going.  I gave you several suggestions to assist t he cause.  You did not respond to any of them.  Besides griping about it on the internet, what do you do?  I know the answer, but would like you to say it, even though you will not.  The answer is nothing but gripe. 

I'm not griping, I am making an observation and expressing an opinion. That is kind of what we do on a forum. I have no intentions of donating $100 or making a career out of running the Republican Party. I'm looking at Cuomo's campaign and I'm looking at Astorino's stealth campaign and to me, there are some pretty wild glaring differences that indicate that one candidate and his party came in prepared to win, and the other came in simply to see his name on the ballot and obviously has no support from his party. That's not griping.... that's simple observation and comment. If you are happy with the way the campaign is being run ..... good for you.