Last month to prepare

chiefbkt

Now that we're just about into September, that means we're in our last month for bow season prep. What's everyone doing the last month to get ready? Getting vacation in order? Calling buddies to set up hunts?

I personally will be trimming up the shooting lanes on a couple more stands, setting up a few new stands, shooting my bow as much as possible, and putting out a few more cams in the new spots. Then the fun of waiting for the night before opening day to decide which stand i'll be in. Can't we just start now?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

been putting up stands on 3 properties last 3 weekends. Wish I had 2 more weekends but am going to visit my son in So Cal. for 2 weeks and I don't want to tear up the woods too close to the opener. I will just use my climber for the areas I didn't get to put up a stand.

The last month. Kind of a bit scary. It seems that everytime I decide to put in some serious practice time. I get up on my archery range and all I see is a cloud of mosquitos slamming into my eyes and trying to find their way into my ears. I never had this kind of problem before.

I shoot every other day my 3D course that has a total of 15 locations and a total of 33 2D or 3D targets on the course. We shoot early by 830 am to get away from the flies, they sure are bad this year. But my buddy and I are up early being in are 70's we still think it time at 4 am to be up and get ready for the day.