Food for Thought!

Four Season Whitetail's

With the CFIA talking about not allowing grain movement out of endemic areas, this should be an eye opener to every one.  Also with the research paper out of U of W stating that prions can be uptaken in to corn and alfalfa also adds fuel to the fire.  The question will be soon asked,  "Can we afford the wild deer herd any longer?"  "Can we allow the wild deer to run willy-nilly across the landscape spreading prions on our richest farm land, threatening our food supply and export ability of cereal  grains?"  These wild deer could be polluting our farmland for over 20 years, according to the DNR.  Maybe ALL deer should be behind fences!!!!   At least our deer can be controlled and monitored behind a fence.

The articles that the Ryan Sabalow's have written can be flipped to condemn the wild deer herd to death.  They think they are cunningly writing investigative stories about our industry, trying expose "made up" or "hyped" threats that we may present.  But in fact they are building the case to condemn the wild herd to extinction. The trouble is Ryan Sabalow is too stupid to know that he may be doing the exact opposite of what he is trying to do.  Ryan Sabalow in fact maybe condemning the wild deer herd.  

Look what happened to the beef industry with just 1 case of BSE in the US over 10 years ago.  It took years to get our beef exports back from some of the Asian countries, in fact Mexico just started buying beef last year.  All this over 1 case in cattle almost 15 years ago.  What happens if these countries think our grain supply is contaminated with prions?  With politics in the world, being what they are today, don't you think other countries are just looking for excuses to embargo our products.  Our own outdoor writers and DNR's are making the case for them.  

Remember the cases in Texas, where the HSUS lady said, on 60 minutes, that she would rather see these animals go extinct than to be hunted?   She lobbied hard for the law to make it illegal to harvest these endangered animals from Africa.   HSUS wants to eliminate hunting.  If these people think the wild deer are also jeopardizing our food supply, don't you think they will lobby to get rid of the wild deer, thus also getting rid of hunting.  Killing two birds with one stone.

I think the outdoor writers and DNR"s should tone down their rhetoric, or there could be consequences they never thought of.

Just something to think about

Read this on another website. Do you think if we were not able to sell grains and such the deer would have a chance?  States have used CWD as a political tool for years to fit their agenda and if there is such a thing as karma, we may see it in the near future. If this turns out to be true and Canada and the world cuts us off you will see all the CWD lies go by the wayside,  I would have to guess there are some squirming just a bit.

Canadian Food Inspection Agency eh?

Yeah Buddy and if you read up on it you will see how carried away some of these prion things are getting. Can you imagine if Iowa or some of the big grain states got cut off from selling because of CWD prions being carried in Alfalfa and now found in corn also?

The same states DEC and DNR's would be back peddling from their agenda and whitetails would then really be vermin, to be killed on site!

It will come back to deer farmers on our end because we are fighting against this move. It does not seem to be helping much!  When you see it "Official" as you say, It will be to late to fight much. Some of us can learn more about this then others..From the inside. But dont think for a second its not being pushed and if it hits the states and over seas? Oh Boy!

Major grain organizations oppose CFIA's control zone approach to chronic wasting disease

In the June newsletter, we reported that CFIA has proposed using a control zone approach to control the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD). This would restrict the movement of cereal grain screenings within and out of the primary control zones, those being all of Saskatchewan and parts of southern Alberta. Since CFIA did not consult the feed industry or any of the key grain industry stakeholders before developing the control zone proposal, a broad range of negative, and presumably unintended consequences have emerged during subsequent analysis by industry.

Therefore, over the past several weeks ANAC has teamed up with other stakeholders including the grain elevator, milling and malting associations to prepare a joint submission to the Minister of Agriculture to delineate the negative economic and logistical impacts of CFIA's proposed control zone approach.

CFIA as the developer of the proposal has not provided the scientific and risk-based evidence to support these extraordinary measures to control CWD. Thus, our letter to the minister emphasized the fact that restrictions on the movement of grain screenings would be a misdirected attempt to halt the spread of the disease, given the improbability that screenings are in fact a significant disease vector associated with CWD.

We also highlighted to the minister that Canada's reputation as a reliable supplier of grains and oilseeds will be undermined if CFIA's proposal is implemented.  Western Canada supplies cereal crops valued at over $7.0 billion annually to the export market, with the annual value of exports from Saskatchewan and Alberta exceeding $3.6 billion and $1.4 billion respectively. Moreover, the proposed restrictions would adversely affect at least 7 categories of grain businesses at both the international and domestic levels, including wheat milling, oat milling, malting, ethanol, feed manufacturing, seed cleaning and grain handling. 

CFIA's control zone proposal is also unanimously opposed by the cervid farming industry. Farmers are in agreement that the spread of CWD needs to be controlled, however they support the use of a farmed-based risk management system, which is more consistent with CFIA's mandate to deliver outcome-based solutions. We are hopeful that the joint submission, signed by the major players in the feed and grain industries, will prompt CIFA to propose an alternative workable solution to control CWD.

I think youll see pushes against other things long before you see wild deer erradicated. CWD is not a health risk to humans, just cervids, and thats what it will boil down to in the end.

Oh Really!!!  You may want to keep an open mind on that and an eye on the world of prions because this is the real deal and all these years the ones with agendas..ie QDMA and many more..are going to wish they never used CWD to try and put deer farms and high fence out of business, It very well may cost them DEER..LY.

Volume 20, Number 1—January 2014 Research Molecular Barriers to Zoonotic Transmission of Prions

Marcelo A. Barria, Aru Balachandran, Masanori Morita, Tetsuyuki Kitamoto, Rona Barron, Jean Manson, Richard Knight, James W. Ironside, and Mark W. Heademail.gif
Author affiliations: The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK (M.A. Barria, R. Knight, J.W. Ironside, M.W Head)Canadian Food Inspection Agency, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (A. Balachandran)Japan Blood Products Organization, Kobe, Japan (M. Morita)Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine, Sendai, Japan (T. Kitamoto)University of Edinburgh, Easter Bush, Scotland, UK (R. Barron, J. Manson)
Abstract

The risks posed to human health by individual animal prion diseases cannot be determined a priori and are difficult to address empirically. The fundamental event in prion disease pathogenesis is thought to be the seeded conversion of normal prion protein to its pathologic isoform. We used a rapid molecular conversion assay (protein misfolding cyclic amplification) to test whether brain homogenates from specimens of classical bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), atypical BSE (H-type BSE and L-type BSE), classical scrapie, atypical scrapie, and chronic wasting disease can convert normal human prion protein to the abnormal disease-associated form. None of the tested prion isolates from diseased animals were as efficient as classical BSE in converting human prion protein. However, in the case of chronic wasting disease, there was no absolute barrier to conversion of the human prion protein

So show me where it has ever jumpped. Or maybe even another study that suggests it might be possible. You see, you cant base your whole theory on ONE study. You have to look at multiple studies and reach a consensus from there.

I shouldnt even respond to your "agenda" comment. Its pretty clear that the only party with $$$$ on the line in the agenda are the deer farmers. Keep your QDMA crusade going though....

Right, but if there is so much to be worried about with CWD, dont you think it would have already made the jump? Until recently, youve not heard anything about it affecting grains, plants, etc, and we have been consuming those products grown in CWD areas for quite some time now.

I just get very leery of theories based on one or two studies, then when it starts coming from groups with a cash infused agenda, I get even more skeptical. If theres more legit info out there, Id love to read it, I just dont seem to be able to find any.

So show me where it has ever jumpped. Or maybe even another study that suggests it might be possible. You see, you cant base your whole theory on ONE study. You have to look at multiple studies and reach a consensus from there.

I shouldnt even respond to your "agenda" comment. Its pretty clear that the only party with $$$$ on the line in the agenda are the deer farmers. Keep your QDMA crusade going though....

I will sit back and laugh at all of those that tried to shut down many,many family business with their lies and agendas that now may very well come back and reek havoc on their worlds.  

You cant studies about CWD prions jumping specie barriers ?   I can show them to you all day long. You kinda sound  like them trying to find  CWD in the wilds of Ny..Dont look for it and you wont find it!

Right, but if there is so much to be worried about with CWD, dont you think it would have already made the jump? Until recently, youve not heard anything about it affecting grains, plants, etc, and we have been consuming those products grown in CWD areas for quite some time now.

I just get very leery of theories based on one or two studies, then when it starts coming from groups with a cash infused agenda, I get even more skeptical. If theres more legit info out there, Id love to read it, I just dont seem to be able to find any.

So you are saying you think CWD is no big deal? What makes you think that it has not jumped. Some say it already has and are doing studies to show such.Ever hear of CJD   

You need to meet Terry Singleterry. He will give you reading material from GB to China of prion tests like those in CWD jumping animals. Monkeys,rabbits,mice,moles..you name it..all positive!  Stay Tuned!

I will sit back and laugh at all of those that tried to shut down many,many family business with their lies and agendas that now may very well come back and reek havoc on their worlds.  

You cant studies about CWD prions jumping specie barriers ?   I can show them to you all day long. You kinda sound  like them trying to find  CWD in the wilds of Ny..Dont look for it and you wont find it!

Huh?

I already asked for the reading, still waiting. Nouyt just prions, but CWD in particular.

So you are saying you think CWD is no big deal? What makes you think that it has not jumped. Some say it already has and are doing studies to show such.Ever hear of CJD   

You need to meet Terry Singleterry. He will give you reading material from GB to China of prion tests like those in CWD jumping animals. Monkeys,rabbits,mice,moles..you name it..all positive!  Stay Tuned!

When did I say that? Im asking about it jumping to HUMANS not moles. Some say there are Mountain Lions in NY. I want to see facts.

When did I say that? Im asking about it jumping to HUMANS not moles. Some say there are Mountain Lions in NY. I want to see facts.

Now come on..Im not going to take you to every spot, thats Terry's job. Just go to his blog and read up. I kinda hope your right in a way but karma could be involved just a tad. If you think for a minute that this is not going on on a daily basis then you are just fooling yourself. This very well could be huge and bite many.

You are taking my posts the wrong way. I am asking for info, not making assumptions.

I googled Terry Singleterry and cant find any blogs. Can you help me out here?

My bad...His spelling is Terry Singeltary, You must have seen his post's on the QDMA website. He will show you many studies where they are trying to link the CWD prions to humans via CJD. Really scary if you read up about it. 

If they ever link one case of CJD in humans to the prions that make up CWD you will see things turned upside down and deer hunting will be a thing of the past. If we can fathom that!!!

Terry Singletary — A retired machinist and high school dropout, Terry Singletary suffered the tragic loss of his mother to “sporadic” Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease (CJD) in 1997. Desperate to find an explanation for his mother’s death, he has devoted himself to the sad and fruitless task of connecting her death to her diet. Various reports confirm that Mrs. Singletary’s life was claimed by the most common sub-type of CJD (one that accounts for 70 percent of “sporadic” cases). Sporadic CJD, unlike its newer “variant,” is not linked to meat.

As the self-appointed international coordinator of CJD Watch, an organization he co-founded with social worker Deborah Oney, Singletary is cited in media reports as an apparent expert on tracking mad cow disease. This despite his lack of formal education and the absence for support from any credible academic, medical or scientific authority. His sensationalist allegations about the safety of U.S. beef have found their way into hundreds of newspapers and broadcasts. Singletary moderates a mad-cow discussion forum run by a vegetarian activist group; his contributions account for more than half the traffic on the “BSE-L” mailing list, which is generally read by real scientists. Animal rights activists and other food-scare artists frequently refer to him as “Dr. Terry Singletary,” apparently an honorary degree as he has yet to finish high school.

Like many activists, Singletary ignores overwhelming epidemiological and laboratory evidence that rules out a connection between sporadic CJD and beef. Relying entirely on shallow circumstantial evidence and frequent repetition of claims which have been publicly refuted as false, he also blindly insists upon a mad-cow with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and Lou Gehrig’s disease. His specific allegations have been clearly refuted by Centers for Disease Countrol and Prevention scientists in the journal Neurology.

That guy?

Ill do some reading, but at first skim through, his blog is full of PETA back patting and all kinds of things that raise my eyebrow.

Terry S. Singeltary Sr.

1044638_10151683513032480_151172401_n%25

View Full Size

Contact me

On Blogger since March 2006

Profile views - 20833

My blogs

About me Gender Male Industry Science Occupation retired Location BACLIFF, Texas, United States Links Audio ClipWishlist Introduction My mother was murdered by what I call corporate and political homicide i.e. FOR PROFIT! she died from a rare phenotype of CJD i.e. the Heidenhain Variant of Creutzfeldt Jakob Disease i.e. sporadic, simply meaning from unknown route and source. I have simply been trying to validate her death DOD 12/14/97 with the truth. There is a route, and there is a source. There are many here in the USA. WE must make CJD and all human TSE, of all age groups 'reportable' Nationally and Internationally, with a written CJD questionnaire asking real questions pertaining to route and source of this agent. Friendly fire has the potential to play a huge role in the continued transmission of this agent via the medical, dental, and surgical arena. We must not flounder any longer. ...TSS Interests Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathy of all strains and species Favorite Music country and hillbilly rock Favorite Books Pathological Protein by Philip Yam http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0387955089/104-6494617-4719935?v=glance&n=283155