Doe found inside of 1000 pound alligator

BigGuyNY

Not sure, The deer can run smaller down there and they have found them in the Pythons too.

Pythons have evolved to swallow prey whole, their jaws and skeletons were adapted to stretch  to accomodate large objects. Alligators and crocodiles twist and roll to break off chunks of flesh to swallow.  A 100lb doe is not that small when you swallow the head and legs too...

I understand the difference In The mechanics in how the two eat but envision the size of the mouth of that gator. With crushed ribs I would imagine the widest part of that doe would have been the pelvis? I could see that gator swallowing a soccer ball girth sized object. Plus a gator spin a and tears flesh is they have to and can't swill ow whole.

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

There was a gator that taped out at 14'6" in Big Cypress Swamp" a local WMA in south Florida where I used to hunt that swallowed a doe , all caught on camera from an FWC (Florida wildlife commission) helicopter that was doing a routine survey of the area.. Def possible!

I saw the pics of the gator swimming with the deer in it's mouth but it never actually showed the gator eating the deer...