What are you hunting and shooting with?

Borngeechee

I've got an old Mossberg bolt action 12 ga. for small game. Also a .22 bolt action marlin of unknown age (it was a hand-me-down from my dad way back when I was about 12 years old (who knows how long he had that, but it is getting some real age on it). I also have a .22 hornet. In a month, I will be using my 1999 Mathews MQ-32 and my 1970s autumn orange XX-75 aluminum arrows (I get my money's worth out of my purchases .... lol). When gun deer season begins, out will come the deadly .270 American Ruger bolt action. That has become the meat gathering gun.....Awesome gun. When the regular deer gun season finishes, out will come my Remington .223 for a bit of coyote and fox calling.

• Like 1

Bear Lights Out at 62# for deer. Mossberg 100ATR in .270 with Simmonds prohunter scope for what rifle hunting I do for deer. I have an old Mossberg Chuckster in .22 mag for woodchucks. I think it has an old weaver scope on it. As long as the wind is not blowing very hard, it is deadly out to 125 on woodchucks and coyotes.

Squirrels..Ruger 10/22 with peep sight, NEF .17 mach II with cheap 4x scope, Browning A-5 20 gauge and Winchester M12 16 gauge.

Rabbits and upland birds.. Ithaca SKB M100 20 gauge side x side.

Geese and turkeys..Rem 11-87 3" 12 gauge.

Ducks...Browning Citori 12 gauge field grade.

Deer.. Rem M700 Mountain Rifle in 7mm08 and Winchester M70 lightweight in .280 Rem.

Heavy game or anything if there are grizzlies in the area.. CZ 550 in 9.3 x 62.

Coyotes..Whatever gun I am carrying when I see one.

ML.. TC Hawken .50 cal with tang peep sight.

Wood Chucks (Field):  Browning A-bolt in 270 Winchester,  Near House:  Remington 870 Express

Squirrels and Rabbits:  Remington 572 Field Master (peep sight) / Ruger 10/22 (scoped)

Grouse. Woodcock, Pheasant and Crow:  3-shot 12 gauge Ted Williams Model 300 semi auto.

Turkey: 12 Gauge Remington 870 Express

Muzzleloader Deer (NY):  Thompson Omega

Deer  (ADK):  Remington 7600 in 270 Winchester, one with scope,  one with peep sights for bad weather.

Deer (CNY): PSE Vengeance, Remington 870 Express

Coyotes:  Whatever is in my hand,   After deer season:  Browning A-bolt in 270 Winchester.

Edited by adkbuck
  • Like 1

everything I've got.  for big game it's usually my PSE Evo bow, then T/C Prohunter muzzleloader, and then my Browning Abolt II 30-06.  Aside from that I've got other guns and bows I've hunted and harvested game with.  Those are the main ones though in that order.

For woodchucks and yotes I've got a Savage Model12 heavy barrel 223.