state land

Red

I've had a trail.cam.yo on the state land that I hunt all summer now I kept it on the same spot for 6 weeks I.decided I liked that spot and it was time to sit a new spot so.I moved the trail cam.to another spot on the state land had it out for a few weeks then went out to swap out the cards almost 2 weeks ago and couldn't find my trail cam what I did find was a card left in the tree from.a park ranger with his name and number and stated that it was illegal for me to leave the cam in the tree without leaving my name number and address with it.

I called the guy over and over left messages I.got the to him yesterday and he said I can drive it to.olean and get my trail camera its in his bosses evidence locker and he has a ticket waiting for me the ticket will be anywhere from $0_250. With a $85 surcharge. All four not having my name in the tree.

I've heard of having to.leave your info in the tree if you leave a tree stand but never with a trail.cam. has anyone ever heard of this or had this happen to them?

Thanks gman kept reading threw the book over and over and couldn't find it I figured I.was missing something your the third person today that told me they couldn't find it anywhere I told my wife earlier that I.would try and get it that way one of these days and grab it then if he hangs me the ticket I'll bite the bullet and miss work to fight this ticket it sucks this guy's station is over 70 miles away from.my house

it may be someone has/had pot growing nearby.. and it was taken to see if had evidence orif the grower would show up and ask for it... a faster responce to get it would prolly be benifical to your case...but as a trooper friend told me he has a book with him about 1/2 in thick but if your a jerk there is a 3 in thick book back at the office he can find more to charge you with... unfortunatly i think regs and rules for hunting are the same....

Go get your camera Red.

Just apologize to the nice ranger, and tell him you must have forgot to tag your cam when your cat jumped out of the truck and took off into the park.

Make sure you leave a picture of "Felix" and your contact info with him in case someone finds him,lol

post-233-0-66281700-1410999772_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Any thing you leave on state lands must have your name, address, and phone on it.

I have a bad leg and use to leave in the state woods several plastic green chairs, never had a issue with the DEC, but in 10 years did have two taken. I also had on the address that I was a handicap hunter and asked anyone using the chair not to move it from the location.

Maybe the DEC never see the chairs as I would also camo with black paint. I also would remove them at the end of the deer season.

I this afternoon I left a message with the dec I'm waiting for a call back to see what they say about the ticket if it's something that usually gets dropped out if the ticket is bogus I don't think I'm gonna bother with the camera if the ticket isn't bogus I got the camera on sale for $125. With the ticket having an $85 surcharge plus what ever skint the ticket is plus gas money it probably won't be worth it man this sucks that is my first trail cam ever I was having done fun with it.

That's exactly how it is in ny. If this happened to a new Hunter I could see something like this leaving enough of a sour taste for them to decide that this just isn't for them and decide not to hunt and enjoy the outdoors

New York State sucks. We need to pack our and leave it for deadbeats.

Your telling me that some forest ranger or Dec lackey, that is on the state dole and bringing in 100k between wages, beni's and retirement contributions has nothing better to do that write 250$ tickets for a trail camera.
Please explain how this is serving the publics interest? It isn't. NY doesn't care about the publics interest, they care about is revenue generation. Why? So tax payers can keep funding the ever expanding bureaucratic class and the their non-contributing voting block of dead beats with their hands out.

• Like 1