How many will be crossbow hunting

buckordoe

Seems like everyone I know has blown their shoulder out this summer,lol

I was doing some shooting in the yard with my compound earlier this week when my neighbor came sneaking through the woods between us.

Almost in a soft whisper as he stayed hidden in the brush, I heard him say "Hey, Matty... I gotta show you something I think you might like".

He whipped out his new Barnett from his side and proceeded to make a small circle with his elbow with a grimace on his face and said.. "I'd love to hunt with a regular bow, but my shoulder is shot".

A few days later I heard him whacking away at the wood pile with a 10lb maul as usual,lol

On a side note, he also mentioned the 60yd shots he'd be able to pull off on deer with his new rig. I can only hope he noticed me cringe and the pain was a little more convincing than the act he came over trying to sell me.

I wanted to see what the uptake of this sport would be this year, especially from those that only gun hunted in the past. How many guys will be crossbow hunting the last 2 weeks of archery season

I will be hunting with Xbow last 2 weeks of archery. But I'm not new to xbow hunting in Ny, I used it in 2011 and 2012 in late season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the majority of the guys that I have seen getting crossbows are guys that have already been bowhunters for many years..............the two guys who I know that are first year archers are starting out with compound bows. I'm sticking with my compound......I actually looked at a few when I was at the bow shop yesterday, big, heavy and bulky really didn't come to mind when I was handling them.

Edited by jjb4900