youth tag-tough question

edbone

OK guys and gals who can give me an accurate answer on this one my son is 15 and he just got his youth hunting,bow hunting,muzzle loading and two doe tags.He turns 16 years old Nov. 9th.What happens now?My thought is that they are going to honor them youth tags through the whole season or am I dreaming.I will be mighty p.o. if they make us buy different tags.After all he all ready has doe tags

I believe the licenses are all the same.  He'll have to follow the rules that are in place for ages 16+ as to taking of game.  Once he turns 16 his "youth" privilege's end.  I could be wrong. lol

For instance he can hunt the youth deer season still and can take any deer.  Once he turns 16, if you hunt in an area with AR he has to follow that same AR rule.

• Like 2

no the youth licence is based on age when bought when licence year starts(oct 1), good for entire year, he lucked out his b day is later than oct 1in that he saved a few bucks is all. use to really hurt when applying for doe tags (oct 1 deadline) but lowering of hunting age helped that.. i couldnt get/apply for doe tag till i was 17 as my birthday falls in early nov as well.

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1