Foggy Morning

Lawdwaz

I hit the Upper Niagara again this past Saturday morning.  I put in at the foot of Sheridan ramp and motored slowly over towards Strawberry Island as the fog was fairly thick.  After short time I could see it was getting worse so I headed over by the Ontario St ramp and fished a bit towards the Chevy plant.  After a bit it seemed to lighten up towards the Island so I motored over that way.......it was a sucker hole!  Man did it sock in bad then............

I hung out there on a slow drift for about thirty minutes and I have to say you could not see a damn thing outside of 50 yards or so.  It was think and a bit spooky!  Finally I heard a guy holler YAHOO!! from out of the fog to my east I thought.  A few minutes later the fog started to lift and I could see a boat fishing the Canadian waters and they must have got the clearing a bit before me.  That was about 9am and I'd been on the water since about 6:45am.

Oh yea, the fishing wasn't so hot.  It started out real slow; one hog lost at the boat in the fog then I landed three including another hog that went 19.5" An 18" and another about 16" finished the morning off.  I didn't keep any as those big slobs or the smaller one, the action just wasn't hot enough.

The best fishing was over by Ontario St in 25' of water as I was chasing all over after the fog went adios.

image_zps66a4b378.jpg

image_zpsbaadb588.jpg

image_zps63d0e976.jpg

• Like 2

Great picture!

Any luck? Hardwood is in medina, right?

Speaking of Medina, have you ever been to the Mexican restaurant on Rt 31 just east of Rt 63? I heard it is terrific. Actually I went out of my way yesterday to stop there and they are closed on Monday's.........damn the luck!

I use to live fishing off of the Ontario street.dock.this time of the year when.I was in.high school I hardly.ever went to.school in September the bad fishing was.to.good. I would put bread on a hook and catch a fresh.chub then cast the Chub out into.the current and nail nice size bass non stop Dam I miss doing that