Hunting App for iPhone

beachpeaz

ScoutLook is an app I just downloaded. It is awesome! It was a free app so I was skeptical at first but it has some really good features that I will look to use and think  will come in handy. It has  a GPS map where you can mark your stands on your property. From those points you can get a feature called scent cone and it will show you which direction the wind is blowing on the map. It also has the barometric pressure, weather, moon phases and you can document the deer you see  through deer log and it will let you know the conditions of that time. It's really neat, takes a little to get use to but once you have it your fine.

• Like 2

I bit the bullet and paid the $4.99 for Kimble.  I haven't used it yet, but it looks like a really, really detailed and usefull app.

the one thing I cared about the most, it does not seem to do though, is monitor wind direction.  I am not sure how they forgot that key piece.  It will only tell you the current weather and wind.  It will not tell you the forecast for the future to help at least plan out a little.

I might do like you just said and put the scoutlook app on also.

I really wanted an app for tracking, so I could back-track and get out of of thickets and unfamiliar areas easily, or get back to a previously found deer and easier/shorter way for dragging. I downloaded (but haven't tried yet) onXHunt, Hunt Stand Lite, Trimble GPS Hunt, and Backpacker GPS. Again, I haven't tried any yet, but they looked like they might do what I'm looking for. I'll have to test them out at camp soon.

I also have ScoutLook, for wind direction vs. stand location.

The Cabela's app got bought by Trimble GPS. There is a free and $5 version. The benefit to the paid app is more features for hunting out west, ie map features. The Trimble app is nice. Track all aspects of your hunt. You can go back through you previous hunts and get direction to precious locations.

I used it a couple times last year and liked it.