I sometimes wonder

fasteddie

I sometimes wonder what effect placing a dummy in a tree stand in a hunting area long before the season starts . Deer seem to recognize things that are out of place and avoid it until they figure it isn't something to worry about and go about their merry way . When hunting season opens , remove the dummy and sit in its place . Gotta try it before I get too old to climb into a stand .

• Like 3

For some people, that would just be replacing one dummy with another one

LOL!  Unfortunately there is no shortage of them in the hunting world from what I've observed.

It would be real interesting if you put a female mannequin dressed in a bathing suit holding a bow up in a treestand, and then setting up a video camera somewhere nearby.  I bet you'd have a number of hunters walk up to it and then start introducing themselves.  Talk about a good clip for Americas funniest videos! LOL

• Like 3

I'm sure some of the lonelier boys here already have one of those blow-up ladies they ordered from the back of their favorite magazines sitting in their closets next to their turkey and deer decoys!  They can use that if they can't get their hands on a mannequin.  LOL

• Like 2

Ok, so some hunter sees you walking through the woods with a full-size body draped over your shoulder. I wonder how long it would be before the cops arrived....lol.

Years ago I went through a State Police check point during gun season. I had a white long underwear top on with bloody sleeves and a deer rolled up in a trap clearly visable in my mini van just behind front seats ( middle and rear seats removed during deer season ).

He glanced at me checking the seat belt,the inspection sticker said have a nice day......