Clothing: outer and inner

Now I am pretty sure that there is a post about this already but I couldn't find it and want everyones up to date answers... So what does everyone wear during: late October, November, and then late November... Please feel free to share anything or recommend different things.

Just today I purchased a pair of camouflage insulated jeans by wrangler... They were a mere $54.99, I plan to use them all year with only having to change what I am wearing underneath as the temperatures get cooler, or warmer, I really can't tell with the weather we have been having.

Always fleece for me on the outside... use to be wool, but fleece is just as warm & water proof and much lighter... poly long underwear under and maybe a poly turtle neck if its really cold... that and a good pair of boots is plenty for me with the way I hunt.

Now I am pretty sure that there is a post about this already but I couldn't find it and want everyones up to date answers... So what does everyone wear during: late October, November, and then late November... Please feel free to share anything or recommend different things.

Just today I purchased a pair of camouflage insulated jeans by wrangler... They were a mere $54.99, I plan to use them all year with only having to change what I am wearing underneath as the temperatures get cooler, or warmer, I really can't tell with the weather we have been having.

Can you return those jeans?  If so, do not hesitate.  Grab your 54.99 plus tax and find an army surplus store and get a pair of surplus wool pants.  German, Irish, African I don't think it matters.  They will be head and shoulders better than ANY cotton jeans.

Get a couple pairs of good long johns (NOT COTTON) made of merino wool but in different weights.

You may not be the coolest looking guy out there but you will be warm, dry and in Fat City. 

Oh, if they get bloody or muddy just let 'em dry out and shake the crud out.

• Like 1

I wear under armour thermals then fleece pants and ten usually jeans and then a very thin outer shell.... i just wanted to eliminate the very outer shell, thanks for all the i put next Wednesday is payday... Im almost 17 so i or nothing else to spend my money on, maybe i will try some things recommended

Cabelas Wooltimate outerwear. It's mostly fleece with a bit of wool mixed in for warmth. Underneath it's Under Armour cold gear underwear. If it's super cold out I add a 100% polyester fleece shirt. Gloves are wool and hat is fleece. Wool socks and Muck boots top it off.

Remember, cotton kills

• Like 1

Same as many of the others for me, fleece and/or wool for outerwear and poly undies. I think I am using mostly cabelas mtp underwear. I also like to use neck gaitor and or balaclava. Covering your neck in the cold or letting it breath in warmth can make all the difference in world.

Some type of moisture wicking compression first layer

smartwool long underwear as second layer

I like fleece as outer layer except when it's windy. Need something nylon like to break the wind. 

I have a Northface polar fleece I can wear hiking in single digits with no wind and be fine and freeze at 35 degrees with wind. 

Like someone else mentioned, keep that head and neck warm. 

• Like 1

An Under Armour cold gear base layer makes a ton of difference for me. Warm and moisture wicking. Wool socks are a must too.

The UA hoods are SUPER nice (tactical hood in green for light weight, the camo hunting one for heavier weight) under a fleece stocking cap.

Vector