Estrous Scent?

nybuckboy

I hear some say that you never want to use estrous til first week of Nov but I can't help but wonder... does a buck look at his calendar if it's mid Oct and say to himself... hmmm it's a month early OR does he say it smell like it and comes in to check it out. I think if you hung the real stuff, fresh from a deer farm not some bottled up from Gander from who knows when a mature buck if he whiffed it would come in on a string. Your thoughts?

I hear some say that you never want to use estrous til first week of Nov but I can't help but wonder... does a buck look at his calendar if it's mid Oct and say to himself... hmmm it's a month early OR does he say it smell like it and comes in to check it out. I think if you hung the real stuff, fresh from a deer farm not some bottled up from Gander from who knows when a mature buck if he whiffed it would come in on a string. Your thoughts?

Now sure is the time to start using good scents but make sure you get it from a farm that gets vaginal secretion when collecting scent. None of that and you dont get the pheromones and without them a mature buck knows that doe is not ready to breed. You will still get younger bucks to go ape $hit but the mature bucks need the real stuff to respond.

• Like 1

I've had plenty of older doe over the years stir the woods up when they were close to coming into hest last week of october. Plus or minus a few days if used it might just catch the nose of a horny buck. I've used it last week in oct and shot buck