long island sea ducks

jojo68

ive been doing research on my own for a few days now and if anything im more confused now then before lol. I would like to get into waterfowl here on long island. Its sea duck season now and am looking for where to go and give it a shot this weekend. I have a jon boat to use. wheres the best place to start. I got the duck stamp and I mregistered with hip and all that stuff and been researching the hell out of it but cant seem to find where to go. any help or tips is greatly appreciated.

Legal "sea duck" zone is long island sound,peconic bay and Atlantic ocean. You may wanna check out Cedar Point in East Hampton also. For $10 you get a bag of decoys and a blind to hunt. You just need to have a Suffolk green key card. Do you have a motor on your jonboat?

• Like 1

Legal "sea duck" zone is long island sound,peconic bay and Atlantic ocean. You may wanna check out Cedar Point in East Hampton also. For $10 you get a bag of decoys and a blind to hunt. You just need to have a Suffolk green key card. Do you have a motor on your jonboat?

That's a good deal. Public blinds can burn out, but you guys on LI got a more constant stream of fresh birds. I want to add that not every diver is a sea duck. If hunting during a seas duck only season you need to know what you are shooting, as in all waterfowl seasons you do.

Not sure if the question of this post is to define the sea duck zone, where to launch, or how to hunt sea ducks? Or all of the above?