Main Frame 8

phade

I'm not posting pics here as much as I used to, but figured this one might be worth posting just for enjoyment purposes.

This is a guy we believe has been on our radar for a few seasons and we have some history of pics and one arrow through him already. He should be 5.5 on our math. And yes, those are indeed brow tines. Every last single inch of them. A velvet pic we have puts the longer brow at right around 9-10 inches with the other 7-8 inches.

Not many 8's break 140....this guy is going to shatter it when me or Moog kills it soon.

post-575-0-55989400-1414010089_thumb.jpg

post-575-0-47771100-1414010211_thumb.jpg

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

Cool buck. Shatter it as in 145 or much higher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should gross somewhere 145-155. Rare to get an 8 over 140. It happens from time to time. When you start talking about 150" 8s...you are getting into really rare company.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

Then why say I'm not posting as many pictures here as I used too. There must be a reason,

what gives?

Not speaking for Phade,but some hunters are protective of their area and don't like to,draw attention to it.

I've taken to looking at a guys profile page and noting the number of views it gets after a nice buck pic. Is posted. It goes way up,so,guys are checking that person out after the pics. are posted, what are they lookin for idk. Perhaps info like where they hunt.

The farm I hunt ,is controled ,managed if you will a large farm and few hunters. Guys won't even send pics to each other ! Want to seethem you have to stop by. Once it gets sent out ,you loose control of who sees it,and the whole area learns what you got. We've had poacher issues and work hard to limit it. Controlling pics.is one way .

In the old days you just lied to others hunters who stopped by at the road. " any luck? " "no"!

" how'd you do this year?" " oh a couple of does......" " where did you get that buck?" " in the woods......"

I know guys with 150"160 qnd 170 class deer who don't enter them In Any club ,put them in any newspaper . Some guys are like that.

• Like 2