Probably the new Kansas typical record.

First-light

I'm not sure where everyone wants the guy to sit. I like these pics better than just the deer laying on its side in the truck bed with his tongue hanging out. I mean is there anyone out there thinking there are deer out there with extra big giant heads? 

That thing a beast. I love typicals!  

• Like 1

didn't realize my comment would get that much flack lol. I dislike "dead deer lying on the ground" pics. Always a fan of good clean hunter pics. But over the last few years there is a new trend where the shot is a closeup of the deers head with the hunter sits way back. The illusion makes the deer look bigger. The rest of the pictures are done well. In this case, I agree it doesn't matter where he sits, but I see a lot of these new style shots going around the web and I'm just not a fan. That's all.

Tell me these aren't 2 totally different pics (left to right). The one on the right being more representative.

and yes. yes i am jelly.

• Like 1

Why would anyone care how someone else wants to take a picture... its not your buck or your pic... having said that, typical -main-frame 6x6 bucks are extremely rare.. this buck is an absolute monster... he could sit a mile from this buck and it still would be HUGE... he could sit in the rack and it still would be HUGE... he could cut 3" of the top of each tine and this buck still would be HUGE... and there are some that care how the guy that KILLED the buck takes his own pictures? Really??

• Like 5

Why would anyone care how someone else wants to take a picture... its not your buck or your pic... having said that, typical -main-frame 6x6 bucks are extremely rare.. this buck is an absolute monster... he could sit a mile from this buck and it still would be HUGE... he could sit in the rack and it still would be HUGE... he could cut 3" of the top of each tine and this buck still would be HUGE... and there are some that care how the guy that KILLED the buck takes his own pictures? Really??

Was just a comment. Lord knows your facebook page has quite a few of the new trend.

Was just a comment. Lord knows your facebook page has quite a few of the new trend.

Not sure why it bothers you how guys take photos of their own bucks... and usually those hunter take the best quality photos. I don't believe its always about trying to make the buck look bigger... I think its more about producing a good quality photo to preserve and enjoy the memory of a successful hunt.. you'll probably notice too lots of the old trend of pic in the pick-up truck and hanging from the filthy garage on the facebook page... lol... I like the new trend much better... :)

Edited by nyantler
  • Like 1

Makes me laugh when some giant like this is taken and then someone has to complain about the picture, the war paint or what ever.  It's a beast of a deer no matter how the picture is taken as long as it was legal and ethical who cares HOW the pictures are taken. 

Like to NYAntler and Phade!

• Like 2

I wish I had gotten a nicer pic of mine from this year but we found him well after  dark and it was so warm I started right in on cutting him up in the morning.  I like a nice "woodsy" picture over a "back of the truck" one as much as anyone but sometimes you just do the best you can with what you have to work with.  I will say that I do always try to tuck the tongue in though because it is awful looking. 

You guys are missing my point. It's not the setting I was criticizing. And it's only an opinion. It's the angle of the shot. When the horns take up most of the frame and the hunter deliberately leans 4 or 5 feet back, it creates an illusion of larger antlers. If I had time or cared enough I'd find and post a pic of my cousins 4 point from last year that by using this trick looked like the biggest 4 ever shot.

Just look at the 2 posted form left to right. On the left he's sitting at the rear of the buck and look at the size of the rack. On the right, the rack (although the same size) looks smaller as he sits up towards the front and provides a different reference point. Don't blow a little comment out of proportion. It's the internet and just a comment.

Edited by Belo