I will NEVER ask ....

growalot

Do you hunt?.... again...lol..So guy sitting there in a camo hat and jacket...to pass the time I say "Do you hunt?" OMG I got the entire history of moving, family land ownership.... Exwife...jobs.. selling guns... vehical loans/repo's...inheritance... with have not had a chance to check out public lands here  thrown in...then someone being bisexual...maybe just for divorse???? Then, new relation ship, and ppl in that...

Really not only I, but ppl sitting in room with us were all sweating by the time I had a chance to break in and say.. Alls well that ends well!!" and shoot a passing therapist a " look "...they promptly grabbed my chart and called me in...Hahahaha seriously that was only half of all he blurted out in about 10 mins of non stop talking.....

Oh my gosh...waiting rooms..DMV's and any store line....it reminds me of the show "People say the darndest things"...uncomfortable at the time ...now it makes me laugh...

• Like 3

Its even worse talking to people that don't hunt...

"did you catch anything"

"do deer usually run when its cold"

"do deer usually run when its warm"

"do deer usually run when its windy"

"do deer usually run when its raining"

"do deer usually run better in the morning"

"do deer usually run better at night"

"I saw a deer the other day on the side of the road"

"I saw a deer in the field the other day"

"do you like sit in a tree"

"do you just walk through the woods"

and on and on and on.... this is my boss pretty much everyday.  He asks every little question possible about hunting over and over and over again.  Maybe not everyone else has someone like this in their life, but it can get quite annoying.  Especially because he is the type of guy to ask you the same sh** day in and day out.  I swear I'm the guy on office space.

I want to puke when people ask "did you catch a deer"

Yeah , that gets irritating after a while !

I also avoid the word "HARVEST" . I recall one of the hunting Gurus ( Bob Foulkrod ) gave a talk at a local Sportsmen's Dinner and said you don't harvest deer , you kill them . Forget the PC crap .

• Like 3

Na...that I could have put to bed quickly...but all that seriuosly personal stuff...my mind was spinning trying to find an opening with something not insulting to steer him off that track...really?!..... my dad asked me to leave so my wife could bring in her woman lover????...LOL....hahahah..and then went in to detail about it....Yeewww boyyy!!!

Na...that I could have put to bed quickly...but all that seriuosly personal stuff...my mind was spinning trying to find an opening with something not insulting to steer him off that track...really?!..... my dad asked me to leave so my wife could bring in her woman lover????...LOL....hahahah..and then went in to detail about it....Yeewww boyyy!!!

Um...Yeah.....LOL!

That's TMI and I wasn't in the room.............

Do you hunt?.... again...lol..So guy sitting there in a camo hat and jacket...to pass the time I say "Do you hunt?" OMG I got the entire history of moving, family land ownership.... Exwife...jobs.. selling guns... vehical loans/repo's...inheritance... with have not had a chance to check out public lands here  thrown in...then someone being bisexual...maybe just for divorse???? Then, new relation ship, and ppl in that...

Really not only I, but ppl sitting in room with us were all sweating by the time I had a chance to break in and say.. Alls well that ends well!!" and shoot a passing therapist a " look "...they promptly grabbed my chart and called me in...Hahahaha seriously that was only half of all he blurted out in about 10 mins of non stop talking.....

Oh my gosh...waiting rooms..DMV's and any store line....it reminds me of the show "People say the darndest things"...uncomfortable at the time ...now it makes me laugh...

Been there done that………….LOL!!! To the point where  I just start day dreaming while they are talking to me……I know the feeling..LOL!!

So I went to look at a trailer the other day, older couple selling it the guy had lung surgery recently and knew his days were numbered. But like many old hunters he still had a good spirit and you could tell he still wanted to get out there. How did I find out? Well what should have been a 10 minute visit turned into 1/2 hour after the first hunting question.

Faintail..lol that reminded me ..I was in a small home town grocery store and turned down an isle where an elderly woman was looking at stuff on the shelves..well I nodd and smile at ppl I see...don't need to know them just a freindly gesture...

I swear to the heavens ...that is all it took! I couldn't be rude and walk away and that smile and nod was all she needed to tell a complete stranger about her and her husbands surgeries ...hard ship with family...and to be honest a bunch of other stuff I 'm not sure I actually heard...standing 3ft from her...my mind shut down with the gull stones I think....I managed to finally say...Ya know I understand but God bless you your out and about and doing the best you can and thats worth a whole lot! You take care now and have a great day...Mr B says it's something they see in my eys and face...it happens all the time. My daughter still warns me when we go shopping...Mom don't you dare smile at anyone!!!...lol