Kind of bummed

greg54

Have to say I'm a little bummed out after yesterday afternoon visit to doctor. This past Monday I went to see my primary Dr. because pain I had been having for 2 weeks in my belly area. He checks me out and says that I most likely have a hernia, and to go see the general surgeon who did double hernia repair on me 8 yrs. ago. I got checked by him and he says its umbilical hernia and I need have surgery to fix it. They wanted to do it next Thurs, but that would put an end to this years deer hunting for me. So with some talking to the doctor they agreed to give me couple extra weeks till Nov.17, the surgery date, as long as I don't lift anything more than 10 lbs. and no strenuous activity at all. So that cuts bit into my going out hunting alone, but my 2 friends said they can go out with me and take care of gutting and pulling deer out on atv if I am lucky get one. And I can still get out opening day of gun season, but the rest of that is history after that for this year. I can't do anything strenuous for 8 weeks after surgery. I can also get time in with the upcoming crossbow use Nov. 1. So its not a total loss, at least I can get some time in. Two years ago I couldn't get out at all cause the cancer and chemo. But I enjoy getting out some more, I'm headed to my friends in 9m tomorrow. Good luck this year and be safe!1

Hey man.........IIRC I extended an offer of help two years ago.  That is extended again............If I am able to help, I'll do what I can.

You'll be fine, get some good time in during the next few weeks and stack 'em like cord wood.

Yes Larry, I do remember now. I'm ok now with my friends help, hes on like 4 weeks vacation, but thanks and I will remember case I do. Thanks again. Yep, I'm going get out for sure.

Yea I'm still in Tonawanda, my sister has property in Sanborn, on Upper Mountain Rd.

How is the hunting there? 

I belong to Niagara County Sportsman's Club and rarely see deer on my way to shoot.  I know they're around and you can sure get a bruiser of a buck up that way!

How is the hunting there? 

I belong to Niagara County Sportsman's Club and rarely see deer on my way to shoot.  I know they're around and you can sure get a bruiser of a buck up that way!

There's a fair amount of deer around, and I have only been out there a few times this year  It is a short drive from my house, so that's one of the things I like about it. I regularly get pics on my cams, but no bruiser yet. This guy was around last week.

post-2675-0-18788600-1414316872_thumb.jp

post-2675-0-18934500-1414317307_thumb.jp